Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bullitt" '68 Charger and Mustang. Double Build!

doorsovdoon

Making little swivel pins for the steering. The kit already has that feature but the pins are tiny nubs of plastic which will likely break when I try fitting all the front components together, so the original plan was to glue them on solid, but I'll see if I can make a better job of it and have them operating and with a lot more strength.

DSC00783.JPG

DSC00784.JPG

Did they send it USPS retail? My postmaster told me to never use that because they take the long ride. She advised me to always use Priority Mail 2 day shipping to send a kit. That way there is a tracking number. Insurance. And has a more direct route to its location and the package gets less hands on time. And I always send a photo of the package with the shipping label on it so the buyer can see what condition it was in when I sent it out. 

Edited by ewetwo

On 7/28/2021 at 11:41 AM, doorsovdoon said:

Well this sucks. My '68 Charger turned up in the post today and before he even handed it to me I knew straight away from seeing the damage to the box that it was over! The thing was crushed flat, like someone drove over it and then jumped on it to make sure that whatever was inside was dead! The box was very strong and the seller even lined it with some extra cardboard, yet someone, somehow still managed to find a way to destroy it. I can believe it though as I've worked with people in my time who are just an absolute walking disaster! You know the type, the ones that make you question how the f88k they're still alive! I've had a refund from the seller, he said not to bother sending it back. Two people are having a bad day now because someone didn't give a tosh! At least I have a ton of Charger spares now I guess.... got to find a positive side in this I suppose.😠

DSC00715.JPG

DSC00717.JPG

DSC00718.JPG

What a shame....😞

Edited by deuces wild

I can now call these builds done. The Charger was a pain to get the chassis sitting in the body, it went in ok but wouldn't press in that last few mm around the firewall. So out it came and I dropped the dashboard as low down as it could go, I also trimmed behind the top of the door cards until they were almost paper thin, thinking they were hitting the side glass. Fitted great after that and went together nicely. The Charger sits a bit too high for my liking but the complicated suspension and steering on this Revell kit would be a huge job if I wanted to change the stance on it, so tippy toes it is. The Mustang was a treat to build, not one issue with that and very easy to work with, I really like that kit! I'll post better pics in completed section tomorrow when hopefully the sun is shinning. Thanks for following along guys, I really enjoyed these builds, even when I couldn't get that dang jazz tune out of my head every time I worked on them, Lol!

DSC00833.JPG

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

I got a refund, so it's all good. The parts wont go to waste, I have another MPC Charger kit I'll be using them on:)

What parts are ruined? I have a parts  you can have with a good unused body and a few other bits. I think I have most of the parts but need the chassis and interior for another build. All the body parts will be spare

12 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

What parts are ruined? I have a parts  you can have with a good unused body and a few other bits. I think I have most of the parts but need the chassis and interior for another build. All the body parts will be spare

Just the body, it was completely crushed. Checking through the sprues I noted one of the rear shock absorbers are missing too. Thanks Les, that would be ideal if you have a bodyshell going spare!

18 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

Just the body, it was completely crushed. Checking through the sprues I noted one of the rear shock absorbers are missing too. Thanks Les, that would be ideal if you have a bodyshell going spare!

pm me your addy and I'll stick it in the post. I probably have some shocks too

• 3 weeks later...