Model Cars Magazine Forum

A&N Model Trucks 2019 Dodge Powerwagon.

Overall, decent kit, it has it flaws, the windows need a bit of a work to make fit, and the type of material they used didnt liked being sanded. The way the wheels mount to the brakes isnt the best, its just a very small nub that goes into a very shallow indent on the wheel, ive know one wheel off after attaching. Some fit issues, first, there is a bit of the gap between the top of the front bumper/bottom of front fascia, not sure whats causing that. I had to remove the very from P/E piece on the frame that holds the winch, it was causing fit issues with the from bumper. Other than, it was a pretty straight forward build. The hood as you can see doesnt fit the best, possible it shrunk a little bit. Oh yeah, painting the trim molding around the wheel openings was fun, that took many many many tries , using both Tamiya's bendy tape and normal tape.

I did my best to create the LED look of the headlights( didnt bother trying on the taillights), I traced over the stripes with silver sharpie and then a white paint pen, swing and a miss, the paint needed to be A/B on and the white maybe a little bit opaque to get the effect ?

Happy I am with how it turned out,but its not gonna win any awards though.

2v2akogCdx6JJfs.jpg

2v2akogLyx6JJfs.jpg

2v2akogPFx6JJfs.jpg

2v2akogmrx6JJfs.jpg

2v2akogTjx6JJfs.jpg2v2akogkdx6JJfs.jpg

• Like 2

Excellent work!

And I sure like letting you guys finish your builds before I start mine! Now I know some of the trouble spots I may run in to!

In looking at parts, I noticed my hood was seriously warped. Reached out to A&N and they sent out a new one in really short time. And it looks perfect. 

I want to get started on it soon.

• 1 month later...

Awesome build Irwin, I built mine the same colors and had problems with the paint and side windows also. I got the 6.4 Hemi engine and suspension kit. I had problems with the rear axle and springs staying in place the only thing that keeps the axle in place is the shocks and stabilizer bars.