Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT 1978 Ford Bronco "Wild Hoss"

Casey

3 hours ago, Mike C. said:

Those wheels do look very close but those High Roller kits are considered vintage kit now. You see them pop up from time to time on Ebay and the like. If you want one you better be willing to shell out some serious cabbage. 🤑

Not if you do like I did and buy one that's incomplete. Complete kits are pricey. I have a sealed and an open sealed inside kit in the stash.

Edited by Plowboy

2 hours ago, tim boyd said:

That is one sharp looking Bronco model!   Really, really well done!  Congrats to you Roger or if you did not build it, to whoever else did it....TB 

Thanx Tim! It's mine. It's posted in the pickup section. 

5 hours ago, olmadmodeler said:

Well I found these but I think there are to tall they are 2" tall that 4 ft in 1/24. 

What do you think?

IMG_0622 copy.jpg

Those tires scale out to 46.5" in 1/25 scale and the wheels scale out to almost 20" (19.675 to be exact).

The tires on this GMC scale out to 38".

20220207_134008-1.jpg.c4bdbef32e40cbdc4f911d0c1dbc4bed.jpg

The tires on the Bronco I posted earlier scale out to 41.25". I always thought those were 44" inch tires. Pretty sure they were advertised as such.

Edited by Plowboy

46 minutes ago, olmadmodeler said:

Ok Im a newbe, how do I get in touch with Fireball?

Thank you Roger for your answer on the tires and wheels.

Just email him at fireballmodelworks@gmail.com with your questions or what you would like to order. I will say that if you want a quantity that is not shown on his page https://fireballmodels.info/ or if you want a combination of items that he doesn't show, that he will pretty much always allow you to do so. I like to order sets of 5 for the off road tires for a matching spare, and he will gladly do so and will give the modified price.

I built this kit a while back using the Fireball swampers and hubcaps. Also used a grille from Rookie Resin, and the rear bumper is from Olsen Brothers. Everything fit pretty well with minimal modification to the stock kit, IIRC.

IMG_9636.thumb.JPG.cf763908448abf0ff9371c6b91f09273.JPGIMG_9641.thumb.JPG.1d0685b8a41c7fc428566dba71703325.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim H. said:

I built this kit a while back using the Fireball swampers and hubcaps. Also used a grille from Rookie Resin, and the rear bumper is from Olsen Brothers. Everything fit pretty well with minimal modification to the stock kit, IIRC.

IMG_9636.thumb.JPG.cf763908448abf0ff9371c6b91f09273.JPGIMG_9641.thumb.JPG.1d0685b8a41c7fc428566dba71703325.JPG

I really like that grill. I hope somebody starts casting them again.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 6:30 AM, olmadmodeler said:

Ok Im a newbe, how do I get in touch with Fireball?

Thank you Roger for your answer on the tires and wheels.

In this area aftermarket companies and buys showcase their products. The link is for the "trucks" area, but there is a corresponding area for cars too

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/forum/57-truck-aftermarket-resin-3d-printed/

And here is a handy list of links to aftermarket companies points-of-sale

On 7/17/2022 at 8:12 AM, Mike C. said:

HPI guy Has the Wild Hoss! Doesn't open it but has it in the shop. Fast forward to 32:10.

40 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Please cancel that last post. It was for the F-150 Freewhelin' sheet. I had to go back and cancel that order.

Sure looks like the newly packaged kit to me. It's out there somewhere!

Should be available any minute.