Model Cars Magazine Forum

Subscription Issues - Please Read

I signed up for a 2 year subscription on Nov 6, 2022. My first issue was to be #217 which I still have not received. My account status states that I now have 10 issues remaining. I sent an email a week ago and have heard nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

21 hours ago, BeakDoc said:

I signed up for a 2 year subscription on Nov 6, 2022. My first issue was to be #217 which I still have not received. My account status states that I now have 10 issues remaining. I sent an email a week ago and have heard nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure where you sent your email, but I don't see them. I'll send you a replacement issue. You see 10 issues remaining because we created mailing labels for 218. That issue will be mailing out soon. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ctruss53 said:

I recently subscribed to the magazine.

Then I read this thread.

Now I am scared I won't receive my magazines.

My mail comes from the same hub in the Twin Cities as you and I have gotten all of them. If for some reason you don't, contact them and they will take care of you.

On 3/14/2023 at 9:25 AM, ctruss53 said:

I recently subscribed to the magazine.

Then I read this thread.

Now I am scared I won't receive my magazines.

99.9% of our issues arrive at their intended destinations. If an issue doesn't arrive, we'll send a replacement. Main thing is to make sure we have your correct address. 

• 3 months later...

I'm still waiting on the #217 replacement (this usually takes time), and the #218 and #219 issues, the #220 is too early to expect yet.
I don't have a clue why the magazines disappear and where they end up...maybe in a dark hole somewhere or something like that, because they for sure don't reach my mailbox.
I subscribe to another magazine from the US and the deliverence of that magazine is iffy too, not as bad as Model Cars Magazine so it's not just Model Cars Magazine that vanish on the way over here, and it worked a lot better before and even during the Covid Pnademic than it has done the last year-year and a half.
I have contacted our mail service Postnord but they can't do anything as the magazines are sent as letters and are not traceable, and they say that they deliver everything that comes to them in the order they get them...so I don't know.
So if it's not with them the problem is it must lie somewhere else in the mail chain and it's getting very frustrating, because I got issue #211, missed #212 and #213, got #214, missed #215, got #216 and have missed the #217, #218 and #219, so out of 9 issues sent to me I got 3...and nothing comes back to the publisher after what I can tell.
I have got replacements for #212, #213 and #215 and still waiting on the replacement for #217,  but it seems like I will not get the other 2 as I should either and we will see how it goes with #220.

Edited by Force

While theoretically it shroud not make a difference (Postal service is Postal Service, worldwide), I think it should be mentioned that you live outside of USA, so it is international mail for you.  Still - I feel your paint - I can see how it can be frustrating.

15 hours ago, Force said:

I'm still waiting on the #217 replacement (this usually takes time), and the #218 and #219 issues, the #220 is too early to expect yet.
I don't have a clue why the magazines disappear and where they end up...maybe in a dark hole somewhere or something like that, because they for sure don't reach my mailbox.
I subscribe to another magazine from the US and the deliverence of that magazine is iffy too, not as bad as Model Cars Magazine so it's not just Model Cars Magazine that vanish on the way over here, and it worked a lot better before and even during the Covid Pnademic than it has done the last year-year and a half.
I have contacted our mail service Postnord but they can't do anything as the magazines are sent as letters and are not traceable, and they say that they deliver everything that comes to them in the order they get them...so I don't know.
So if it's not with them the problem is it must lie somewhere else in the mail chain and it's getting very frustrating, because I got issue #211, missed #212 and #213, got #214, missed #215, got #216 and have missed the #217, #218 and #219, so out of 9 issues sent to me I got 3...and nothing comes back to the publisher after what I can tell.
I have got replacements for #212, #213 and #215 and still waiting on the replacement for #217,  but it seems like I will not get the other 2 as I should either and we will see how it goes with #220.

Noted! I got 4 out of 6 in my previous sub that ended w #217, got #218 off ebay, and am too, still waiting for #219 which I believe my current sub would start with.

On 6/29/2023 at 8:24 AM, Claes Ericsson said:

Noted! I got 4 out of 6 in my previous sub that ended w #217, got #218 off ebay, and am too, still waiting for #219 which I believe my current sub would start with.

Further to this, I sent a message through the form in the sub dept. relating general info and experiences about the delivery of the mag previously. I have yet to receive a reply to that, BUT today #219 showed up in my mailbox.😀

16 hours ago, Claes Ericsson said:

Further to this, I sent a message through the form in the sub dept. relating general info and experiences about the delivery of the mag previously. I have yet to receive a reply to that, BUT today #219 showed up in my mailbox.😀

Lets see if I get mine then...but you got the #217 and I didn't so I woun't hold my breath.🙄

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 1:06 PM, Mad Slammer said:

Is issue 220 late on delivery? Many of my friends have it already, but mine ain’t here yet… 🤔

Delivery seems to have been slower than usual this time around. Send an email to subscribe@modelcarsmag.com and they'll send you a replacement copy. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi admin, I do apologise at using a public forum to express my concerns but I have exhausted all other avenues.  I have been a subscriber for around 20 years.  I have only ever had the one home address and one email address in this time.  My renewal notice is sent to that email address, which is also the one I use for this forum, and my magazines come to my home address, obviously.  However, I have been trying on and off for a few months to either renew my subscription or get this problem solved with no success.  I have now missed out on the opportunity to buy one, probably two issues of my collection. 

Every time I try to renew, the computer insists that my credit card does not match my address.  This is not so.  It is the same credit card I have used for years. It is the same address I have lived at for 22 years. I have gone into my account and corrected an email address that I have never used (an icloud version that must have been automatically inserted at some stage) and updated my phone number, not that I would expect an American company to call an Australian number.  I have tried and tried but to no avail.  I have written to you via the "subscribe" address at the bottom of the subscription page but have received no response to three emails. After all, all I want to do is give you money!  It shouldn't be this hard, and it has never been a problem in the past.    If you can possibly let me know what action I need to take to renew my subscription it would be greatly appreciated.

This is the message that appears on my screen.

The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 2:36 AM, alan barton said:

Hi admin, I do apologise at using a public forum to express my concerns but I have exhausted all other avenues.  I have been a subscriber for around 20 years.  I have only ever had the one home address and one email address in this time.  My renewal notice is sent to that email address, which is also the one I use for this forum, and my magazines come to my home address, obviously.  However, I have been trying on and off for a few months to either renew my subscription or get this problem solved with no success.  I have now missed out on the opportunity to buy one, probably two issues of my collection. 

Every time I try to renew, the computer insists that my credit card does not match my address.  This is not so.  It is the same credit card I have used for years. It is the same address I have lived at for 22 years. I have gone into my account and corrected an email address that I have never used (an icloud version that must have been automatically inserted at some stage) and updated my phone number, not that I would expect an American company to call an Australian number.  I have tried and tried but to no avail.  I have written to you via the "subscribe" address at the bottom of the subscription page but have received no response to three emails. After all, all I want to do is give you money!  It shouldn't be this hard, and it has never been a problem in the past.    If you can possibly let me know what action I need to take to renew my subscription it would be greatly appreciated.

This is the message that appears on my screen.

The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.  

I sent you a PM and extended your subscription by an issue to let us get this straightened out.

On 11/2/2023 at 9:05 AM, Dave Ambrose said:

We shipped replacement magazines to you. Did you get them?

Not yet as far as I have seen...but I'm presently in the US on vacation so I haven't checked for some days...when did you send them?

On 10/20/2023 at 1:17 AM, Spooky 52 said:

I guess I should have flushed $30 down the toilet instead. At least I would have known what happened to it.  😠

Still holds true.  I may alert other builders that it is not a dependable magazine to subscribe to.

On 10/20/2023 at 1:17 AM, Spooky 52 said:

I guess I should have flushed $30 down the toilet instead. At least I would have known what happened to it.  😠

Your subscription starts with issue 222. That issue is printing and should be mailing out shortly. Once mailed out, it will get to most US subscribers within a couple of weeks. Sometimes it takes three weeks, and that's apparently independent of your location (within the USA). Let us know if it doesn't get there. within 3 weeks or so, and we'll send you a replacement copy.