Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Impala Lowrider

Modlbldr

6 hours ago, slusher said:

Looks really. nice, Tom..

Thanks Carl. Made a bit more progress yesterday detailing the front grill and rear bumper chrome. On to working on the chassis. I'm thinking of using the lowrider suspension parts from the 70 Monte Carlo.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

So, a bit of slow progress on this one but I'm trying not to get caught up in a lot of bench time since I have quite a few projects on the house going. Trying to be reasonable. 

Anywho, I got the grill and bumper detailed as well as the taillights. Also started today on the chassis and suspension. Filled and sanded low spots on the frame in prep for paint. Made springs out of wire and lowered the rear suspension. I also started on the lowering of the front suspension.

Later-

20220306_161539.jpg

20220313_213743.jpg

20220313_214210.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Spent some time working on this tonight while on Zoom with Sam I Am. Didn't get a lot done but had a blast catching up with a buddy! The suspension is ironed out. Took a lot of cut and paste. The wheels are just white glued in place to see how it is going to sit. 

Not much progress, but progress none the less.

Going to a show on May 14th so I need to get this done by then.

Later- 

20220402_232934.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

Made some good progress tonight. Busted out the portable spray booth and got the final coats on the body and painted the chassis. I need to clear coat it now. Then I got out the Molotow chrome and brushed some of the suspension parts.

Also, upon further inspection of my kit and parts that I bought off of a friend, I realized that I am missing the rear half (the resonators) of the exhaust system.  But, Sam I Am is stepping up with the parts I need. Thank you!

So, for now I am at another stand still.

Later-

20220410_222326.jpg

20220410_222425.jpg

20220410_222442.jpg

20220410_222344.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 2:14 PM, Modlbldr said:

Post a pic here. Would love to see it.

Later-

If and when I find it I will, the project was started quite some time back and I believe is buried with some other stuff.  I actually picked up a couple of the kits at Hobby Lobby with their 40% off deal and may get another going, another project haha.  Your build is looking good, the stance, color and all is really coming together nicely 

7 hours ago, slusher said:

Looks great Tom!

5 hours ago, speedy5963 said:

If and when I find it I will, the project was started quite some time back and I believe is buried with some other stuff.  I actually picked up a couple of the kits at Hobby Lobby with their 40% off deal and may get another going, another project haha.  Your build is looking good, the stance, color and all is really coming together nicely 

Thanks guy! I appreciate it.

Later-

58 minutes ago, David G. said:

The interior came out great, I love the chain-link steering wheel.

The body and chassis are coming along nicely too.

David G.

Thank you David. I forgot to post the pics of the final paint and clear. Waiting for the clear to harden completely, then wetsand and spray a final coat of clear.

Later-

20220413_183446.jpg

20220413_183456.jpg

• Like 1