Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coming attractions! 1965 Dodge AWB car from Moebius and Model King

Dave Metzner

• 3 weeks later...

Usual run for most any car kit is in that neighborhood.  From what I heard, the stock wheelbase Golden Commando Plymouth's first run was 1,000 kits with most going to members of the Commandos to resell as autographed items.  

Even if the Strickler version is limited to 6,000 there will be other runs of the same kit, just with different decals.

3 hours ago, wrenchr said:

Buy them up fellas, I know I'm in for a few. I have about 6 of the AWB moebius plymouths. 

I bet the 65 Coronet AWB Strickler kit will sell out for sure if only 6000 are made.

Edited by GMP440
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 10:06 AM, GMP440 said:

I bet the 65 Coronet AWB Strickler kit will sell out for sure if only 6000 are made.

No doubt it will sell out, it will go quick as well and then there will be a period until the next issue comes out. 

Love how they tried to capture the "Bent out" effect on the single headlight grille. When Dodge removed the inboard headlights, they replaced that area with a section cut from further in on the grille which had to be pinched slightly to match the way the grille tapered. causing the middle to stick out a little further. It's little touches like this that make for a good model! It's also great that they included a 4 headlight grille which some guys also ran.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Nice box art! I’m getting at least four of these when they are released to build the Strickler box art car and the other three to be used with my Landy, Dyer and Harrop decal sets.

On 8/23/2023 at 7:51 AM, fairlane1320 said:

I wish I could buy about 20 sets of those wheels & tires! 😎

I could be wrong but these look like the same mags & tires that Moebius have been offering in their AWB Plymouth kits?

Edited by papajohn97
Corrected content