Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why was the Nun thread locked?

BlackSheep214

I don't think maturity has much to do with it at this point.

Religion and politics are highly contentious topics, and that was one of the first rules laid out on this board when it first started. No political threads or posts. No religious threads or posts. Period. Full stop.

Too much potential for it to descend into bickering and arguing.

We've all seen that happen here, and I think for the most part, no one wants to see that arguing again.

Better to stop it before it gets out of hand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

I don't think maturity has much to do with it at this point.

Religion and politics are highly contentious topics, and that was one of the first rules laid out on this board when it first started. No political threads or posts. No religious threads or posts. Period. Full stop.

Too much potential for it to descend into bickering and arguing.

We've all seen that happen here, and I think for the most part, no one wants to see that arguing again.

Better to stop it before it gets out of hand.

I just wanted to add that i apologize for anything that may have caused any problems regarding the post.I certainly did not mean any disrespect to anyone,or any religion.Rules are rules,and the moderators felt that the thread could possibly cause problems.So again I’am sorry if i caused any issues by posting the subject.Let’s just forget it and move on to more important things.

Thank you

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

I just wanted to add that i apologize for anything that may have caused any problems regarding the post.I certainly did not mean any disrespect to anyone,or any religion.Rules are rules,and the moderators felt that the thread could possibly cause problems.So again I’am sorry if i caused any issues by posting the subject.Let’s just forget it and move on to more important things.

Thank you

No apology needed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Thank you

No worries. The original post wasn't the issue. But at some point, the thread would have exploded into nonsense. Someone would have needed a time out, then they would rant and rave about draconian measures, etc, etc. Happens every time. Best to stop it before it starts. 

• Like 4