Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro touring 70 1/2 Camaro (Dutchboys 2015 SEMA tribute)

Steve H

Great work my friend! 🏆  Despite the unavoidable visual impact of the paint, the modifications and the quality of assembly make it a candidate to come back to see again and again.  I told you before, you have a lot of talent Steve but don't worry, there is no harm in moving on to a lighter subject... it's good for the soul! 😁

On 2/21/2022 at 4:37 AM, alan barton said:

You have done an amazing job of capturing the spirit of the original car - it truly can be called a tribute!  Congratulations on sharing some very high order modelling skills with us all.

Cheers

Alan

Hello Alan, much appreciated, thanks for the kind words. 

On 2/21/2022 at 8:40 AM, Phildaupho said:

WOW Steve - turned out amazing. Your bodywork is fantastic especially the flares. Fabulous job on the interior and engine compartment. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Hi Phil, not sure that my flares came out as good as yours, but overall I’m happy with it. I look forward to sharing it with you in person.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:10 AM, happy grumpy said:

Awesome looking Camaro , everything is right on this model. I like everything about it. 👍

Thank you Mario, I love your builds and appreciate you taking the time to look and comment. Your builds are very inspirational.

On 2/21/2022 at 11:08 AM, Plowboy said:

That is a wicked looking Camaro Steve! It has the whole package going for it: wheels/tires, stance and the paint! It's weird how some colors can have a more dramatic impact with a dull or satin finish and this color pulls it off perfectly! Well done! 

Roger! Great to hear from you sir. Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot coming from you. As you know I’m a huge fan of your builds. Your paint choices are always amazing, so to have you compliment the finish truly means a lot to me. 

Cheers, Steve

On 2/21/2022 at 5:22 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Great work my friend! 🏆  Despite the unavoidable visual impact of the paint, the modifications and the quality of assembly make it a candidate to come back to see again and again.  I told you before, you have a lot of talent Steve but don't worry, there is no harm in moving on to a lighter subject... it's good for the soul! 😁

Francis my friend, thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your talent is an inspiration to us all, you set the bar REALLY high!
I will never achieve the results you can, but people such as yourself inspire me to build better and cleaner. Thanks!!

On 2/22/2022 at 7:25 AM, Mr. Metallic said:

This thing came out so nice. It's a study in beautifully aggressive styling. You really did a great job. 

Thanks Craig. I fell in love with the 1:1 car the second I saw it. I hope I did it justice.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:32 AM, Speedpro said:

Look's amazing! Quite the project to take on and then to follow through and not let it end up being a box queen is commendable. Turned out beautiful and your effort show's. Great job steve.

Speedpro

Thank you Paul!  I usually follow thru on projects. There has been one or two that got tucked away over the years, but generally if I start, I finish… Thanks for having a look.

On 2/22/2022 at 4:41 PM, John B. said:

You've done the owner of the 1:1 car, as well as yourself, proud! Very innovative!

Thank you John. Hopefully the Dutchboys would agree. 

On 2/22/2022 at 6:47 PM, Grumpa said:

Outstanding build Steve! 

Thanks Mark.

On 2/23/2022 at 6:52 AM, slusher said:

Absolutely stunning Camaro!  Outstanding detail and craftsmanship!

Hello Carl! As you know, I always enjoy hearing from you sir. Thanks for the kind words.

On 2/23/2022 at 11:11 AM, Bainford said:

Stunning Camaro! The body work and paint are first rate. Very smooth and clean. Overall style and vision is very cool, but you carried out the vision with a high degree of skill and craftsmanship. Very impressive. Excellent model building.

Thanks Trevor!  I wish the style and vision were mine. The Dutchboys really created a beautiful beast, hope I did it justice. I really appreciate the compliments, thanks for having a look. 

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Sorry for the late replies, it’s been a really busy couple of weeks. Truly appreciate you taking the time to have a look.

Cheers, Steve

On 2/27/2022 at 3:18 PM, adamelvis said:

Love It, Love It, Love It!

TCB,

Adam

Thanks Adam, much appreciated sir. Hope to be able to share it with you in person some time soon! 

On 2/27/2022 at 6:46 PM, AMT68 said:

I have to admire the effort to customize this model. Great work.

I've used this color on a previous build and it's neat to see how it appears with a matte finish. BTW...that '67 Chevelle looks awesome! Is that the AMT or Revell kit?

Hi Tom, thanks for the kind words. I love shiny paint, but once in a while I like to do a matte finish, they add some interest for sure. I thought it was interesting to have the 2 side by side to compare. 

As for the ‘67, it’s a bit of a combo. I used the Revell kit, but I didn’t like the custom tail light panel, so I used the AMT tail lights. There was a bit of massaging to get a perfect fit, but nothing complicated. It’s lowered about 6 scale inches. There is a thread here under glass if you want more details. 

Thanks for having a look.