Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Ferrari 312 P Spider (Fisher models 1/24)

My first encounter with Paul Fisher’s model kits has been 30 years ago: I built 2 Ferrari 312 P Spiders in commission for a modeling shop in Vienna – the only thing left are some color prints (scanned 1 hour ago) and good memories of this excellent kit : easy to build, but looked great when finished (these were my very first resin kits)

The kit was supposed to represent the 1969 Brands Hatch car (Chris Amon/Pedro Rodriguez) which took 4th place behind 3 Porsche 908 after several problems in the race. During the weekend, the car got spoilers and tabs applied in order to overcome aerodynamic problems.

Enzo is said to have not been amused by this at all: it destroyed the clean look of the original version.

As I had a free choice in building these two, I went for Brands Hatch (had to find all the necessary decals, because back then only #60 was included) and built the other as the earlier Monza car, driven by Chris Amon/Mario Andretti with # 1. Though this DNF, it shows off the beautiful uncluttered lines of the car, devoid of any fins and tabs, apart from a small lip on the rear deck (like a “Gurney flap”)

It is very sad that Paul lost everything in the great fire and we will never see these again (at least I have some unbuilt Fisher racecars left in my own stash).

On to the pictures (my Hasegawa 1988 Jaguar in the back is only for demonstrating almost 20 years of race car evolution):

1031678555_1969Ferrari312PSpider(Fisher)1.jpg.7ba50492a243cec08af77b2ecf88f3b5.jpg

Some shots during building: a quick mock-up of the bare resin and of the primered cars before being spraypainted (auto-laquers from the can) - the background  book photo shows Mario at Monza.

802872749_1969Ferrari312PSpider(Fisher)2.jpg.a994418cdae9d874c42e16cdae361556.jpg

Below, the Monza car ready for decaling and before final assembly. At last, both together.

1457104695_1969Ferrari312PSpider(Fisher)3.jpg.3123b7d7b5ca10dfafd8b2cd9770bd34.jpg

Comments, as always, welcome !

• Like 1

Helmut...my first encounter with a resin kit was also Paul Fisher.  I still have my spyder and berlinetta version of this car in my case.  They are two of my favorite Ferrari builds.  Your builds are great by the way. Sorry you didn't get to keep those. I see them on Ebay every now and then so if you want to re-visit them its a possibility.  Thanks for sharing. 

On 2/27/2022 at 3:14 PM, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

On 2/27/2022 at 4:13 PM, cobraman said:

Great looking models, well done !

On 2/27/2022 at 5:51 PM, 89AKurt said:

That made my day, something even more ambitious than what I want to do at the moment.  Thank you for posting this, which I know nothing about, just a pretty design.

On 2/27/2022 at 8:05 PM, Rich Chernosky said:

Helmut...my first encounter with a resin kit was also Paul Fisher.  I still have my spyder and berlinetta version of this car in my case.  They are two of my favorite Ferrari builds.  Your builds are great by the way. Sorry you didn't get to keep those. I see them on Ebay every now and then so if you want to re-visit them its a possibility.  Thanks for sharing. 

On 2/28/2022 at 2:23 AM, PappyD340 said:

Very nice!

On 2/28/2022 at 5:48 AM, slusher said:

They look great!

On 2/28/2022 at 6:52 AM, Dave B said:

Great builds Helmut, thanks for sharing.

I have 4 built kits from Paul, but unfortunately no unbuilt!!

Regards

Dave B

On 2/28/2022 at 1:25 PM, Gramps46 said:

Really good-looking builds of the Fisher kits.  Sad they are not on your shelf now.

Thank you Chris, Ray, Kurt, Rich, Larry, _Carl, Dave nd Gary for your nice comments on these two builds.

Well, they may have been gone, but at least I had the fun of building and I got a total amount $ 170,00 back then for my efforts.

• 10 months later...