Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Shelby Gasser

afx

49 minutes ago, TooOld said:

Always enjoy your builds JC , I'll be watching this one !  Good solution for the cowl issue , and those engine parts look great together .

Thanks Bob.  The manifold required very minor adjustment to get it to fit properly.

On 4/13/2022 at 8:56 AM, Codi said:

JC, You're oh so right about the Johan Maverick.....I was curious and checked  ebay today &  they're selling for $330. up to $450......insane.  I got mine from the U.K. several years ago and I think it cost me around $140. at that time.  crazy I know.   cheers

Wow those prices are insane. I was fortunate to get an unbuilt JoHan Maverick missing the decals last Summer for $40.

Kit bashing takes some finesse. I hacked an engine bay out of a 67 GT to install into a 68 Shelby because the Shelby kit's engine bay was so lame.

I also mini-tubbed another 67 GT to make a drag racer out of it. The hard part was stuffing a 427 SOHC motor in it.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/156213-1968-shelby-gt-500/

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/155547-stalled-1967-mustang-gt-coming-back-in-the-queue/

• Like 2

8 hours ago, doggie427 said:

Looking great as always JC. 
When I read the title I immediately thought of this gasser Shelby,(even tho it’s a ‘68)

64DBBBDB-A111-4F0F-B443-599A4C2B70ED.jpeg

5DD2DBF7-B8F5-4C75-B6D9-CD65174A844B.jpeg

E71BC676-8F0F-4CF8-B69B-820C277AFDA8.jpeg

That's a pretty famous and successful one for sure Wayne.  If I recall correctly SW&C converted thier '33 Willys into the Shelby.

Stone, Woods,& Cooke '33 Willys Dark Horse Chuck Finders | Drag cars, Drag  racing cars, Drag racing

Edited by afx
  • Like 2

On 4/24/2022 at 6:39 AM, afx said:

Thanks Ralph. 

I get a little carried away sometimes with all the updates but hope the members don't mind.

The more the better, when it comes to your projects!  Love seeing your clean, thorough style of building!

• Thanks 1