Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 3rd quarter

Mr mopar

18 hours ago, keyser said:

Trunk as well I think  maybe not🤷🏻

3A119C38-86E9-4922-88E1-299B43B75227.jpeg

2F51FF59-2F2E-479A-A11B-68FA3B699DBA.jpeg

Which means to be correct a new top body cavity is needed, unless....they for the keylock trim would include a 3d resin decal like Archer does....

AR88186 (archertransfers.com)

BTW are there kits which already include this technology?

Edited by Luc Janssens

1 hour ago, Luc Janssens said:

Which means to be correct a new top body cavity is needed, unless....they for the keylock trim would include a 3d resin decal like Archer does....

AR88186 (archertransfers.com)

BTW are there kits which already include this technology?

The only thing I'm aware of with something like that is a Platz Japan Domestic market only reissue of the NuNu 2001 BMW 320i race car that comes with 3D racing harness decals.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 3:24 PM, niteowl7710 said:

I guess I'll stick this here since no Future Revell thread manages to survive around here. But today my LHS received into the joint -

'67 Corvette Coupe

'70 Buick GSX

'37 Ford P/U

'66 Malibu Street Machine

'69 Camaro SS396

Stopped at my LHS on Thursday, and they now have all of the above as well.

The Jo-Han '70 4-4-2 annual kit body doesn't have the rocket emblem on the trunk lid.  The '72 annual does.  Since the USA Oldies '70 is pretty much a '72 kit with '70 bumpers and hood, that would make sense.  (The Oldies issue first appeared in '75 or '76, a '72 wouldn't have been much of an Oldie then.)

The images of '72 4-4-2s I'm pulling up don't include the rocket emblem.  My guess would be that Jo-Han produced the '72 promo to specs furnished by GM, and a decision was made to eliminate that emblem (or make it part of a package) at some point afterward.  The detail remained on the '72 kit body, and was carried into the '70 reissue.

Edited by Mark
Spelling
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark said:

The Jo-Han '70 4-4-2 annual kit body doesn't have the rocket emblem on the trunk lid.  The '72 annual does.  Since the USA Oldies '70 is pretty much a '72 kit with '70 bumpers and hood, that would make sense.  (The Oldies issue first appeared in '75 or '76, a '72 wouldn't have been much of an Oldie then.)

The images of '72 4-4-2s I'm pulling up don't include the rocket emblem.  My guess would be that Jo-Han produced the '72 promo to specs furnished by GM, and a decision was made to eliminate that emblem (or make it part of a package) at some point afterward.  The detail remained on the '72 kit body, and was carried into the '70 reissue.

Thanks for chipping in Mark!

On 5/21/2022 at 4:14 PM, Robberbaron said:

Stopped at my LHS on Thursday, and they now have all of the above as well.

Anyone seeing or hearing about the big ‘79 Trans Am kit? It was supposed to be April/May 2022.

10 hours ago, Hawk312 said:

Anyone seeing or hearing about the big ‘79 Trans Am kit? It was supposed to be April/May 2022.

9 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

July is what I heard.

That will be cool if HL gets some in…

On 5/23/2022 at 12:25 PM, niteowl7710 said:

I don't believe HL carries Revell European boxings of kits do they? There isn't a U.S. SKU for it, so it almost certainly isn't going to get reboxed for North America.

When I last visited USA I stopped by a Hobby Lobby (I am assuming this is what "HL" being mentioned refers to) and they had the German boxed Land Rover 109. I don't believe they had anything else from Germany, and the box was such a different shape they put it on the lower shelf with the heavy trucks. 

9 hours ago, Michael Bentt said:

When I last visited USA I stopped by a Hobby Lobby (I am assuming this is what "HL" being mentioned refers to) and they had the German boxed Land Rover 109. I don't believe they had anything else from Germany, and the box was such a different shape they put it on the lower shelf with the heavy trucks. 

It's an odd shaped box, but the Land Rover was reboxed for the U.S. market. 

https://www.bankovia.com/retail/why-doesnt-hobby-lobby-use-barcodes/

These were German boxings for sure. I was surprised to see it, so I looked it over and it was the same flat-style box we see here in Europe, addresses for distributors in Europe etcetera. No plastic wrappings, just the round adhesive discs to seal it, etc. I did some research, and your theory on SKU numbers doesn't seem to apply to Hobby Lobby as they apparently (I didn't buy anything that day) do not use infrared scanners at the cashier station.  I have included a link.

18 hours ago, Michael Bentt said:

i saw one also and it was on the bottom shelf. I looked at it also but they have had more..

8 hours ago, Michael Bentt said:

https://www.bankovia.com/retail/why-doesnt-hobby-lobby-use-barcodes/

These were German boxings for sure. I was surprised to see it, so I looked it over and it was the same flat-style box we see here in Europe, addresses for distributors in Europe etcetera. No plastic wrappings, just the round adhesive discs to seal it, etc. I did some research, and your theory on SKU numbers doesn't seem to apply to Hobby Lobby as they apparently (I didn't buy anything that day) do not use infrared scanners at the cashier station.  I have included a link.

That's the US boxing, due to the size of the parts trees there's no way they could get it in a US style box. The US box is smaller than the German boxing, the instructions get bent up a bit.

German box

69920684_Screenshot_20220525-181847_AmazonShopping.jpg.660cf9e6a7e279f8b8c7c93e836cc9da.jpg

US box

1828184466_Screenshot_20220525-181920_AmazonShopping.jpg.934067f53b51d913f8cb99777cb77373.jpg

The one at that particular Hobby Lobby was the one on the top. I am not even sure they US version was available at that time because many forums were griping about the kit not being in the USA. I did not bring it up because this is an automotive forum, but that store had Revell Germany Star Wars and aircraft kits as well. I believe it was the only automotive kit from Germany Revell.

1 hour ago, Michael Bentt said:

The one at that particular Hobby Lobby was the one on the top. I am not even sure they US version was available at that time because many forums were griping about the kit not being in the USA. I did not bring it up because this is an automotive forum, but that store had Revell Germany Star Wars and aircraft kits as well. I believe it was the only automotive kit from Germany Revell.

Ok, the Hobby Lobbies in my area all carry the US boxing, I picked one up a few months back.