Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your small scale...

blunc

General Motors LeSabre Concept 1951

The model is made from a GlenCoe Models kit 1:72 scale. The colour is the same as the prototype was painted in the workshop and never showed publicly. The kit needed some correction at the rear and a transparent windshield in place of the solid plastic block.

01 buick le sabre Glen Coe Models.jpg

02 buick le sabre Glen Coe Models.jpg

03 buick le sabre Glen Coe Models.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, caapa said:

General Motors LeSabre Concept 1951

The model is made from a GlenCoe Models kit 1:72 scale. The colour is the same as the prototype was painted in the workshop and never showed publicly. The kit needed some correction at the rear and a transparent windshield in place of the solid plastic block.

01 buick le sabre Glen Coe Models.jpg

02 buick le sabre Glen Coe Models.jpg

03 buick le sabre Glen Coe Models.jpg

Nice color! I wish this subject was available in a larger scale (1:32, 1:25). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 9:41 PM, #1 model citizen said:

Nice color! I wish this subject was available in a larger scale (1:32, 1:25). 

Hi John,

I don`t know about any other scale  model in plastic but I can show you my one-off Sabres in 1:75.

04 DSCN0018.jpg

You can find more about these and a diecast Franklin Mint 1:25 in My Rare Auto Models post in the Diecast Corner Forum.

Enjoy the pictures.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, blunc said:

bumping this to bring it back in view

Thanks Mike. 

Small scale and all media? How about 1/100 paper models? Was heavily into these for a while when taking a break from plastic.

All 1/00, all printed out on A4 paper, all fiddly (but fun) to build and all available as free downloads from the amazing Minimodel website (free but if you can donate they're very appreciative 😉:

https://www.minimodel.cz/en/catalog.html

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

• Like 3

On 3/23/2024 at 7:07 PM, Yeah Nah said:

Thanks Mike. 

Small scale and all media? How about 1/100 paper models? Was heavily into these for a while when taking a break from plastic.

All 1/00, all printed out on A4 paper, all fiddly (but fun) to build and all available as free downloads from the amazing Minimodel website (free but if you can donate they're very appreciative 😉:

https://www.minimodel.cz/en/catalog.html

Those are really cool.  Just looked at the site and downloaded a couple.  You did a great job on them, especially after looking a few over and the very small detail in involved.

• Like 1

I've built a few small scale models over the years.  I have a couple I don't have pics of and they are packed away from a couple of moves, so can't get a pic of them now.  But I do have a few that I do have pics of.  First is a 1/32nd scale 1959 Cadillac El Dorado Seville from Gunze Sangyo.  I masked off the model and painted the flames using Tamiya spray paint.

Next is the Airfix 1/32nd scale Jaguar XKR GT3 model.  Those newer Airfix 1/32nd kits a kind of nice little kits to build.

And last is the Monogram 1/43rd scale Ultimates 1967 Corvette 427 convertible.  The photo etch parts in that kit will test your eyesight for sure.  I also won an award with it in the small scale glass  at a GSL show one year that I went.

Steve A.

59CadillacEldorado-vi.jpg

Jaguar01-vi.jpg

67Corvette5-vi.jpg

67Corvette4-vi.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 2:37 PM, blunc said:

bumping this to bring it back in view

Hey thanks for pulling this up again! I was thinking about this thread just the other day. I have all but finished the 1/32 Cunningham needing only to print brake vent decals (once I replace my printer. Thanks to Mr. Moto for the encouragement in learning how to make my own decals!) I need to touch up the paint on the cockpit surround “pad” as well, otherwise done!IMG_2153.thumb.jpeg.086c41e54e0784a53294e11772da747b.jpegIMG_2158.thumb.jpeg.28f7dcda6904b9690ef5c1df63116021.jpegl will post more pics when completely done!

• Like 2