Dave Darby

No dates or other information listed.

These are all 1/25 Scale.
AMT KITS
1375 - Coors Beer Peterbilt 352 Pacemaker COE Tractor Cab
1384 - 1934 Ford 5-Window Coupe Street Rod
1386 - 1967 Mercury Cyclone GT Car
1393 - 1966 Ford Galaxie Sweet Bippy Car
1409 - 1996 Chevrolet C3500 Dually Pickup Truck (Snap) (New Tooling)

MPC KITS
985 - 1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee Car
991 - 1980 Ford Bronco Truck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Another turn around the block for the '66 Ford. The New Decals will be nice to have.

Nice to See the Peterbilt COE.

Been waiting for the '67 Cyclone. That is the last of that 1990's trio to be released.

The '34 Ford will be bashed and overlooked by the cognoscenti, but sell in vast numbers to the guys who just want a '34 Ford. Coupe.

New Tool Chevy Doolie! Bring it on!!

It will be nice, to have the '70 Super Bee back as it has been a few years since HL had them on the shelves.

Another Bronco? Be Still My Heart! First the AMT '78 Wild Hoss, and now the MPC Kit! Our Cup Runneth Over. 

Good Show , Round2!

Some inspired Choices on this list.

Superbee will be nice to have back in the lineup. Would be better if they had the pitchfork hood instead of the flat hood with scoops. I know Harts makes one but last time I bought 2 of them, one was so warped it snapped in half trying to straighten it and the other one was warped as well but not as bad. 

I may buy a Cyclone and 2-3 of the Duallys and definitely 2-3 of the Superbee.

12 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

1384 - 1934 Ford 5-Window Coupe Street Rod

12 hours ago, stavanzer said:

The '34 Ford will be bashed and overlooked by the cognoscenti, but sell in vast numbers to the guys who just want a '34 Ford Coupe.

Really hoped that the next time they brought back the '34 Ford Coupe, they would reissue it as a 2 in 1.  However, based on Spotlight's description above, I'm not optimistic.

One of the few good things that Racing Champions/RC2 did during their ownership was to reissue this kit with all the stock parts and street rod parts together in one box.  Since the stock kit also has some speed parts for the flathead, it was really almost a 3 in 1.  I've often thought that Round 2 could even do Retro-style trophy series box art for such a release.

Since the current trends in the 1:1 hot rod world lean towards the traditional, I think this would broaden the appeal immensely.  Lots of folks would prefer an alternative to the '90s style independent suspension.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

What issue was that? I'd love to find a version with all the parts in one box.

It's this one Dave. Look for the 2 in 1 logo at the top right of the box.

Spotlight hobbies has one in stock right now.

amt-1932-ford-5-window-coupe-stock-or-street-rod-112.jpg

Edited by Can-Con

46 minutes ago, Motor City said:

I wasn't aware of a kit version that could be made stock.  Any comments on how decent the stock build is?

Working on one now.  It's not bad, not great.  About on par with the other AMT kits of that era.  The wire wheels are on the thick side, but that's to be expected.  You do get a fairly decent early flathead.

Edited by Richard Bartrop
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Motor City said:

I wasn't aware of a kit version that could be made stock.  Any comments on how decent the stock build is?

Back when this kit was new in the late 90's this was the stock box art. As others have said, it does have some nice speed equipment for the flattie. Then about 15 years ago they did the pictured above 2n1 version that had all the street rod/hotrod and stock parts in one box. My hope is that we will finally get some cool box art for this new version because the red box art is not flattering.

image.png.128c038344990fdb115c4ebe9792b351.png

Edited by Mr. Metallic
speculation removed for clarity
  • Thanks 1

I have to wonder what had really happened that they lost all the Silverado tools? It seems they were available as kits not that long ago and out for quite a while, especially the stepside and SS versions. 

I stocked up on quite a few of them, so I'm covered. But, I could use a couple Doollies (🤔). Especially for the wheels.

2 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I have to wonder what had really happened that they lost all the Silverado tools? It seems they were available as kits not that long ago and out for quite a while, especially the stepside and SS versions. 

Actually, I think there haven't been any releases of the full detail kits in over 30 years except for the modified Monster Truck versions, and the snap kits haven't been available in 25 years or more...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

My hope is that we will finally get some cool boxart for this new version because the red boxart is not good, and it is believed that the box art car isn't even the AMT kit.

image.png.128c038344990fdb115c4ebe9792b351.png

What other kit would it be? There's only one '34 Ford five window that I'm aware of. I've heard that claim about the Revell '34 three window supposedly being a Monogram kit on the boxart. 

12 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Actually, I think there haven't been any releases of the full detail kits in over 30 years except for the modified Monster Truck versions, and the snap kits haven't been available in 25 years or more...

I could have sworn the 454SS was out as late as the Racing Champion days (2002-2005), but I couldn't find any pictures to support that.