Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 68 Chevelle, year end finish

stevez

Tamiya light sand metallic and gloss, MRC's cragar wheels and Goodyear polyglas GT tires, L60-15.  Had some difficulty getting front and rear bumpers in deep enough.  Otherwise great kit.  

IMG_20230101_181125450.jpg

IMG_20230101_181610089.jpg

IMG_20230101_181134884.jpg

IMG_20230101_180159575.jpg

IMG_20230101_175853281.jpg

IMG_20230101_175825733.jpg

Edited by stevez
  • Like 7

• stevez changed the title to Revell 68 Chevelle, year end finish

Great looking Chevelle with excellent decal work. I'm finishing up the '69 and the rear bumper fitment is also challenging. 

Just checked Tamiya's website and unfortunately it appears this great looking color has been discontinued. 

Just now, AMT68 said:

Great looking Chevelle with excellent decal work. I'm finishing up the '69 and the rear bumper fitment is also challenging. 

Just checked Tamiya's website and unfortunately it appears this great looking color has been discontinued. 

Thanks I had a tough time finding a second can of the light sand for small touch ups.  Explains why I got the can so cheap. LoL 

• Like 1

Looks nice in that color Steve! The MRC Cragars suits it well also. This kit does have a fitment issue with the grille and tail panel. I cut the lip at the bottom of the trunk lid away and it helps a lot. On the grille I cut the bezels back to the mold lines and then hit them with a Molotow pen.