Model Cars Magazine Forum

Minor correction noted here...(at least to my knowledge). 

In the review of the new '68 Coronet R/T in MCM #218, there are a couple of sentences expressing some displeasure over the standard wheel moldings in the kit. 

These are not intended to be Magnum 500's as is suggested in the review. 

Instead they are very accurate reproductions of the 1968 model year Coronet R/T "mag type wheel covers" (per the 1/1 Dodge brochures), not the optional Magnum 500 wheels.  These same "Mag Type Wheel Covers" were also in the original 1968 MPC Coronet R/T annual kit.   Pretty cool choice, too, as the only other 1/25th kit with these wheel covers was the Revell 1968/1969 Dodge Dart GTS kits.  In 1/1 they were widely seen on Darts, Coronets, and even Chargers/Challengers in 1968/69/70...   

FYI only...TB 

• Like 3

Have not got my copy of # 218 yet in GA, I know know I renewed for one more year. Hope I get It soon, After all I am not far from Alabama I am in  Gainesville GA, Should have got by now. Joseph. Sorry, I got mine in the mail today, Nice copy I opened it and throw it.

Hi Dave;

Quick question - I received #218....but not # 217. Somehow I missed it and was only reminded when I saw the cover on the inside back page of the current issue. Anything I can do to replace it...? I don't mind paying for a copy and will head to www.modelcarsmag.com....but thoght I'd ask.

Thanks in advance

On 3/11/2023 at 11:09 AM, Lobo2me said:

Hi Dave;

Quick question - I received #218....but not # 217. Somehow I missed it and was only reminded when I saw the cover on the inside back page of the current issue. Anything I can do to replace it...? I don't mind paying for a copy and will head to www.modelcarsmag.com....but thoght I'd ask.

Thanks in advance

Send a message to Subscribe@modelcarsmag.com. That's the gateway to our subscription services. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2023 at 9:37 AM, Dave Ambrose said:

Send a message to Subscribe@modelcarsmag.com. That's the gateway to our subscription services. 

On 3/25/2023 at 11:08 PM, Dave Ambrose said:

They'll be available from our resellers, or from us if we're at a show. At this point, we aren't directly filling back issue orders. 

On 3/15/2023 at 9:37 AM, Dave Ambrose said:

Thanks Dave. I followed your suggestion and it was replaced within a couple of days. Wow, now that's service!