Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawa 1983 Mazda RX7....

cruz

Managed to get this thing completed though I am kind of frustrated that the kit supplied only one RX7 decal for the front quarter panels so I guess I will get someone to print them for me. This is the American version of this car therefore I made it left hand driven and corrected the rest of the small details along the way. The kit supplies you with the rear spoiler but I had several guys tell me that most Mazda lovers like it without it so I went with that. I will definitely wait for a nice, sunny day to take several outside shots to show how beautiful that color truly is. Color is BMW Turqouis Blue Metallic. Very enjoyable build no doubt…..

r6.jpg

r5.jpg

r4.jpg

r3.jpg

r2.jpg

r1.jpg

• Like 13

Beautiful! Outstanding work on the paint!

Did you convert the dash to left hand drive yourself or was the part supplied in the kit? I don’t see any LHD parts on the parts layout in the instructions. That’s the only reason I haven’t bought a couple of these, yet; I’ve been holding out for them to release a US version.

Ben

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

Beautiful! Outstanding work on the paint!

Did you convert the dash to left hand drive yourself or was the part supplied in the kit? I don’t see any LHD parts on the parts layout in the instructions. That’s the only reason I haven’t bought a couple of these, yet; I’ve been holding out for them to release a US version.

Ben

Yes my friend, I used the dash from the Moogram RX7 kit to accomplish this. Don't hold your breath on the release of an American version, it's not difficult to perform this task using the Monogram kit....

16 hours ago, cruz said:

Yes my friend, I used the dash from the Moogram RX7 kit to accomplish this. Don't hold your breath on the release of an American version, it's not difficult to perform this task using the Monogram kit....

Thanks for the info! I just happen to have a Monogram kit handy….

Ben

• Like 1

Beautiful work!  Very clean and looks just perfect.

I saw this in one of the RX7 groups on Facebook, I think.  

(I have a 1985, and it is without the spoiler.  Although ... I am not anti-spoiler, if it's period-correct)

• 4 months later...