Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up - I seem to recall seeing that the windshield doesn’t fit right on these without grinding away some of the dash…although seeing as you’ve painted that already probably sanding the windshield a little on the bottom would be the best solution.

I haven’t built one of these myself, but made a mental note for when I do, having seen a few people report the same problem…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Heads up - I seem to recall seeing that the windshield doesn’t fit right on these without grinding away some of the dash…although seeing as you’ve painted that already probably sanding the windshield a little on the bottom would be the best solution.

I haven’t built one of these myself, but made a mental note for when I do, having seen a few people report the same problem…

I appreciate the heads up. I guess a lot of test fitting will be in order then.

On 5/24/2023 at 11:23 PM, CabDriver said:

On the Foose pickup the glass fits very well, in fact too well.  It snaps in place as a unit.  During my test fit, I couldn't get the glass to come back out!  Be careful!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

On the Foose pickup the glass fits very well, in fact too well.  It snaps in place as a unit.  During my test fit, I couldn't get the glass to come back out!  Be careful!

Thanks Tom! I'll definitely proceed with caution.

great color on your Foose Ford !  I'll parrot what Tom mentioned about the glass, mine clicked in so well, it was never glued. I've mis-handled that build more than any other, and the glass hasn't shifted.  An extremely fun build to break up long projects.

Doing a quick search here turned up tons of Foose builds, showing how many fall together

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Doing a quick search here turned up tons of Foose builds, showing how many fall together

Funny thing... back when the Foose series was announced there was a lot of moaning in the community!  People were upset that Revell was bringing out customs you couldn't do anything with, instead of a 1951 Hoosit  that they personally wanted to see kitted.

And interesting how many ways we have figured out how to build them!

• Like 2