Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 for May

40 minutes ago, dbostream said:

Is the Jeep kit any good?

Isn't it just the Daisy Dukes Jeep minus the verboten branding? I've honestly never seen the inside of the Daisy Jeep to know if the "up top" was part of that kit or not, but it's back in this one - along with the 1981 box art.

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Isn't it just the Daisy Dukes Jeep minus the verboten branding? I've honestly never seen the inside of the Daisy Jeep to know if the "up top" was part of that kit or not, but it's back in this one - along with the 1981 box art.

Same kit.  I built the Daisy Jeep as a kid back in the day, it had a clear uptop. 

Looks like the adults were in another part of the building again when the graphics for the D150 were being laid out... when's the last time you  saw a  Dodge half-ton with the 2.6 mca-jet mitsu in it?  🤪

Edited by mk11

11 hours ago, Danno said:

Color me disappointed . . . in the Chevy Duallie.  It does not appear to have the camper shell. Dangit. 

The original didn't have a camper shell.   You are thinking of the teal 1500 extended cab kit.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Technically, if you wanted to replicate the Daisy Jeep from the show you would use the Revell 77 CJ-7 kit as she drove one on the show. Don't recall her ever having the top up on the show, would defeat the whole purpose of her being in that outfit she wore! AMT/MPC uses this older CJ-5 kit because that is what they have in their inventory and also hold the licensing agreement for the DOH stuff.

This kit has been around for a LONG time and uses the old 4 cylinder Hurricane engine. If you wanted to "update" this, you could source the L6  engine out of a Pacer kit.

I doubt the molds still exist but there were some early versions of this Jeep kit that would be nice to have again, especially the ones with the V-6, half cab, service station and off road parts.

In regards to the dually kit, interesting to note that there are two sets of wheels- plated and unplated- but it looks like only one set of tires. I will grab a couple of these, hoping some resin grilles are going to be available for this!

Edited by mikemodeler

Might have to grab that Jeep. Had me a Renegade CJ5 and I see they have the decals that might work for that. There's quite a few things on that Jeep that are not up to the late 70's version so not sure if I can customize it enough or not.

This particular Bronco is one of my grails; so glad it is finally back. I built Ridge Runner and Dust Devil as a kid, and I've been wanting another for decades.

In HPI Guy's recent Sodbuster video, it was revealed the Desert Dog PCVs were retooled. I didn't realize there was anything wrong with them, though very much looking forward to having them in the Bronco.

Dear Round2: These tires are my fave 4x4 tires ever, and they would make for an AWESOME parts pack! You will sell squillions of them.

• Like 2