Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL Championship 2023 Salt Lake May 7, 2023 Pics

Wow - close to 1,000 pictures if my math is right.  Looked like an amazing show for the last one.  I hope the museum finds a home which will be accessible to modelers around the USA and located somewhere that has other attractions to encourage more visitors.

BOS was Randy Derr's bonkers Greenwood Corvette in 12th sc

he bested scalemaster's Lola - which was awarded First in his class  - 

I don't want to do the other award winners fr memory - but they will be posted shortly

I nabbed a couple of plaques  -  but my Miller was clobbered by Randy's work and Jon Teresi's great stuff and Jeff Jones' scary 1/8 cutom rod 

-  all in the Replica class - 

All of the cars and classes are judged by a very few number - I think three - of Championship trustees

The debate / evaluation for the big awards must have been epic - Judges were up all Saturday nite ....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Wow - close to 1,000 pictures if my math is right.  Looked like an amazing show for the last one.  I hope the museum finds a home which will be accessible to modelers around the USA and located somewhere that has other attractions to encourage more visitors.

Since I wasn't able to attend, is the museum being moved?

• 2 weeks later...