Model Cars Magazine Forum

My finished Bronco with updated underside

jeffp60

Not competition quality but, the BEST KIT I have ever had and the best quality job I have ever done. Everything fit PERFECTLY.

Again,  I'm  looking for honest critiques and suggestions. No one ever got better by being told it's great !

20230531_111243.jpg

20230531_111224.jpg

20230531_111208.jpg

20230601_195912.jpg

Edited by jeffp60
  • Like 5

Definitely the weathering on the frame and drive train catches my attention and the best that I've seen of late but confused by the pristine body undercarriage and rest of build.

A "break" perhaps before completion? It looks fantastic as presented but......I think it can go to the next level with what you have done for the chassis. The weathering you've done on the chassis is that good! and I don't believe anyone on this forum will dispute that fact!

One suggestion.....a before and after build, a comparison of two different perspectives of a great kit you enjoyed building and one I think is going to get a lot of views!

2 minutes ago, satterwhite78 said:

Definitely the weathering on the frame and drive train catches my attention and the best that I've seen of late but confused by the pristine body undercarriage and rest of build.

A "break" perhaps before completion? It looks fantastic as presented but......I think it can go to the next level with what you have done for the chassis. The weathering you've done on the chassis is that good! and I don't believe anyone on this forum will dispute that fact!

One suggestion.....a before and after build, a comparison of two different perspectives of a great kit you enjoyed building and one I think is going to get a lot of views!

I agree with this assessment. The undercarriage looks incredible - just like ten winters of snow and salt in New York. The top looks great, but looks like it's ready for Barrett Jackson. BTW; I personally wish I had your skills either with the topside, or the bottom. :) 

I'm not a big fan of these types of vehicles, but you did a super job. The only thing that doesn't look so good to me is the plug wires. I prefer something like these...

169334790_engine2.jpg.8028c4e84b0b9a3f15dbd9650cf7bcf8.jpg

That's a Morgan Automotive Detail pre-wired distributor. It's just thin electrical wire, but IMO it looks quite realistic. There are half dozen or so outfits that make and sell pre-wired distributors...I think these look the best.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

That is a beautiful build! I love those old Broncos, and am inspired to dig mine out.

Thanks Jeff, me too. I wish they made the original scout.i had a 68 pickup and I loved it.

• Like 1

• jeffp60 changed the title to My finished Bronco with updated underside
19 hours ago, jeffp60 said:

Thanks Jeff, me too. I wish they made the original scout.i had a 68 pickup and I loved it.

There are a couple kits of the Scout out there. Both are AMT. A hardtop and the removable (soft?) top with removable doors (SS2?) But no pickups that I know of, except maybe for a resin casting.

1 hour ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

There are a couple kits of the Scout out there. Both are AMT. A hardtop and the removable (soft?) top with removable doors (SS2?) But no pickups that I know of, except maybe for a resin casting.

They are scout 2. As far as I know no one makes any car I owned as a kid, although I could cut/sand/modify.but I'm no where near that ability. 67 tempest, 69 gto convertable, 65 impala convertible, 67 scout, 67 Buick special wagon(I'm not even sure it existed,reg always flagged and the over rode it) it didn't have roof windows

Revell made a 65 Impala convertible (several variations of the 65 & 66). AMT released a Scout in 2004 (?) under the "Hot Trucks" series (this is a "2" as well)? I would look at resin casters for some on your list. You could always pick up the crappy MPC/AMT 67 GTO, and sand the emblems off. I know MCW has a photoetch set for the GTO, but not sure about any Tempest badging. I have the lowrider and stock 65 Impala, not sure if I have the convertible (probably wouldn't part with it if I did though). I also have the Foose version. Making a convertible is the easiest modification possible. All you would need is a boot cover.

If I did try to convert impala or 69 gto I would not do boot cover. Just make folded down top (try to anyway ). I've  seen old built 65s but not a kit. Every one I have found is a scout 2. Think mine was 800b very close to old bronco but more "bulby" front fenders. 

7 hours ago, Zippi said:

Your Bronco turned out really nice.  Nice color combo.

Thanks. It about matches the box but I really did as I remembered how most looked.hence the white grill,no hubcaps or roll bar. Probably should have done bumpers white as well