Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Nova, Crazy Experience at the drag strip!

FatboyLowrider

I dont know how to even start this. Ill try my best not to ramble.

Im sure everyone here can agree that you grow attached to these things. You spend hours. For me around 40 each. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

Im not interested in selling or parting with any of them. Never even considered it but today I lost a model but still came out ahead, bigtime. 

Me an my fiancé decide last night were going to the Bracket races outside my town, in the morning. I glue the bumpers on one of my latest projects. And have it close to finished, hit the hay.

I roll to the races early the next morning like 9am (too early), and before racing I walk around the pits, chatting with a friends who own race cars, killing time.

I turn a corner, there it is...NO kidding. This is the car Ive been working on. Growing to have a relationship with. The way id want my Pro Stock to look, the ups and downs of putting a plastic model together as well. Runs I had to sand and respray, fittment problems...I could write a book on this experience.

I did make a strangers day as well though. He, his wife & son thanked me so much and wanted to give me something in return but I politely refused. I just wanted him to have it, and it was so neat to see it with the real deal 1/1 scale machine and it rips! Im am invited to the man cave to say the least.

Ive never gave one away before but today it was just to uncanny.

Hope yall enjoy! I cant make this stuff up.

PS, I ran out and grabbed another on my way home and doing it exactly the same again. Of course.

20230716_150620.jpg

20230716_150626.jpg

20230716_150637.jpg

20230716_140753.jpg

20230716_140739.jpg

20230716_140718.jpg

20230716_101034.jpg

20230716_101045.jpg

20230716_161317.jpg

• Like 5

I would have a very hard time giving away one of my models too, but in a case like this, I think I would have done the same thing.  The joy you brought to them is super cool and will bring you joy also.  Besides, you have a test run behind you now to do it again.  

• 3 weeks later...