Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1969 Riviera

Mike 1017

I LUV these AMT kits. Soo, Soo, easy to build with no issues. The small engine leaves plenty of room to detail the engine bay. The paint is Trumpet Gold a Buick color from Scalefinishes. When am I gonna learn to be more careful when taking pictures. I broke off the driver's side mirror. UGH!

IMG_2522.thumb.JPG.2e5453d11eaef0c68baaf6cbcd99788f.JPGIMG_2528.thumb.JPG.5b1d46b1f19bd826d300ff8a00bad014.JPGIMG_2525.thumb.JPG.e9faaad74ae89b5315c783e4bc243adf.JPG

IMG_2530.thumb.JPG.b5715d6375ed294b3ad3c1a15c32e788.JPG

• Like 5

Nice! Love the color combo. The vinyl top looks quite nice on this car. I love the 69 Rivs, they don’t get the love the boat tails or the early models do, but I personally think they look the best. I have one of these on the bench at the moment as well, it does build up nicely. 

Nice color. Fastback Rivs look great in almost any color though. 😁

BTW, the engine does look undersize but I have owned a few big block Buicks , a couple Rivs, including a '69 and it's about right.

Always looked small to me too but I measured the kit valve covers and compared the size with the real set of Stage-1 valve covers I have hanging in the garage and it measures out to scale. 

Edited by Can-Con