Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Jeffcad

Hi !

Here's my latest built. This is the Robert Burns's 1976 Fleetwood resin kit. I've painted her in Georgian Silver metallic with a dark blue scratchbuilt interior. A friend 3d printed for me the correct hubcaps for the year. I still have a few details to add such as a passenger mirror and some scripts on the body and roof but overall, she's done. Hope you'll like it.

IM8A7612.JPG

IM8A7620.JPG

IM8A7621.JPG

IM8A7607.JPG

IM8A7605.JPG

IM8A7618.JPG

IM8A7616.JPG

IM8A7614.JPG

• Like 17

13 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

This is an impressive build to me! Your interior looks excellent has well! I'm curious about that detailed hood ornament and the Cadillac emblem on the trunk lid; how did you do those so crisply?

Hi!.

Thank you!. Front crest is a photo etched metal part, bought on Ebay a couple of years ago. Trunk one is a water decal, also bought on ebay.

36 minutes ago, ea0863 said:

So well done Philippe! I noticed the partially open windows gave it a more realistic look too. I may have to try that sometime on one of my builds.

Hi , thank you very much. Windows are completely closed. It's the shadow of the roof frame on the clear plastic sheet. I noticed now that they look open :). Gives me also ideas for next model.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 9:47 AM, Againmikewins said:

I love this build! Where did you source the interior and chassis parts from? He never seemed to have either available when I was shopping his products. 

Hi Michael.

Thanks!. I have scratch built parts for the interior myself. I've made a resin copy of a 1976 Eldorado dash from JoHan since they were all the same these years, and created door panels with styrene sheets. Seats have been 3d printed by a friend. And the chassis is also from a JoHan Cadillac. Lots of modification to feet the wheelbase to the Fleetwood one though. I wish his kits to be more complete but I won't complaint since nobody ever did this Cadillac before, especially with such great proportions overall.