Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Corvette Stingray

cruz

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 8:12 AM, cruz said:

This one was put together for a Corvette group build in Facebook. Paint is Splash Factory color Fathom Green Metallic with a Splash 2K Clear. I used the tires from the Revell '32 Ford Sedan Street Rod. I added Pegasus Aluminum Sleeves with Rally Wheel centers from my wheel stash and did a little modification to get them to play nice together. I removed the chrome from the bumpers and decided to chrome these myself using AK Interactive Extreme Metal paint which is basically just another Alclad paint though I find this one to be a bit more durable as well as a bit more reflective. I used the 327 engine from the kit but decided to add a few aftermarket parts to it. Moroso valve covers are from Iceman Collections which I chromed. Fuel regulator is also from Iceman Collections as well as the intake manifold. Carburetor is from Fireball Modelworks. I used RB Motion braided hoses and A/N Fittings for the plumbing of the carb. Interior color and paint is from Testors. I also used various Photo-Etch details from The Model Car Garage for the emblems. This was truly an fun build. Icing on the cake? Yes, a little trophy from a local Model Car Show!

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

v3.jpg

v4.jpg

v5.jpg

v6.jpg

v7.jpg

v8.jpg

Marcos, that is one fine, fine piece of modeling work.   Big kudos from this corner....TIM 

• 3 months later...
On 2/25/2024 at 6:32 PM, daveb7153 said:

That is a beautiful build in every way! Just curious, what color did you use to paint the carburetor? It looks as much like a 1:1 scale one as I've seen.

Thank you, I like using Alclad Antique Gold and after that's dry, I black wash the whole thing and add a tad of Rub N Buff Silver Leaf around it....