Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Ford Galaxie AA/S Buffalo NY

Silvercreeker

1964 Ford Galaxie is done!  This is a replica of the ‘64 Al Maroone Ford Dealer Drag AA/S from here in Buffalo NY. Started as an AMT promo kit, added teardrop hood, correct steel wheels with correct slicks. Interior has seat belts, tachometer on steering column and light weight seat frames added. Paint is Wimbledon white and all the chrome is Bare Metal Foil. Decals are from Jim Heller Decals. She is done and in the display case.

IMG_6755.jpeg

IMG_6757.jpeg

IMG_6758.jpeg

IMG_6759.jpeg

IMG_6436.jpeg

IMG_6437.jpeg

IMG_6438.jpeg

IMG_5675.jpeg

IMG_6760.jpeg

IMG_6761.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg

IMG_6763.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

• Like 6

Very cool subject and very well executed. I like that you kept all the selling feature embossed script on the underside of this promo chassis.  I also love the black steelies and narrow WW  slicks in the rear and white steelies with black walls in the front; whatever wheel/ tire combo they had that would give them the lowest ET that day, esthetics be damned! I wish there were new or better kits available for ‘61 - ‘64 Fords (other than the T-Bolt) and ANY re-issued or new kits for ‘60 -‘63 Mopars to allow building these early ‘60’s super stock drag cars.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TarheelRick said:

Excellent build of one of my favorite genre of drag cars. Some mighty fine paint work. Where did you source the teardrop hood for this build?  I have a '64 annual I want to build as a B/FX SOHC powered beast and will definitely need a teardrop hood.

It’s a separate hood scoop i super glued on. Lots of sanding and filling to smooth it out. 

Great model with careful detailing.  My brother bought a new 1964 galaxie with the fastback styling.  His was also Wimbledon white but with a black interior and a 390 with an automatic trans.  I got to drive it on my senior prom night in 1964.  Boy, I was in heaven.  Still one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

On 9/22/2023 at 4:38 PM, TarheelRick said:

.... Where did you source the teardrop hood for this build?  I have a '64 annual I want to build as a B/FX SOHC powered beast and will definitely need a teardrop hood.

Slixx decals carries that hood made by Competition Resins

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...