Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1961 Pontiac Ventura.

Deathgoblin

I was about ready to throw this one and I'm glad it's done. Instructions are really vague on assembly order for the exhaust/engine installation and doesn't mention at all that you have to drill out the holes for the pins. Color is Wimbledon White (because it's what I had on hand) with a gold and brown interior. It came out okay: not my best, not my worst.

IMG_20231002_204400243.jpg

IMG_20231002_204431460.jpg

IMG_20231002_204523056.jpg

IMG_20231002_204452566_HDR.jpg

• Like 10

Very nice job Brian and a perfect color for that car (I remember lots of white Pontiacs back in my childhood). Despite your challenges, looks like you won the war with the ill-fitting windshield and grill (unusual for Moebius, their other kits are nearly perfect). I’ve built one each of the Ventura and Catalina kit and have a Ventura left in my stash with a set of Royal Oak S/S decals, your build is inspiring me!

I learned looking at other builds that the wheels would take some extra work.  I found that I could split each wheel at the mold seam with a saw, then I ground down the front section to thin it down so the inner part fit better.  Also trimmed off the little spacers off the inner wheels in between the fins to get them a little closer.  When I was ready to put them back together I used a piece of styrene to space the wheel halves back out to the correct width.