Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Future of Revell...for 2024 at least.

niteowl7710

10 hours ago, Fabrux said:

Iceman Collections is going to be offering the Bronco roadster parts, designed by Fireball. Or, if you have a printer, join Joseph's Patreon and get the files directly from him like I did. 😁

That sounds like good news!

23 hours ago, Fabrux said:

Iceman Collections is going to be offering the Bronco roadster parts, designed by Fireball. Or, if you have a printer, join Joseph's Patreon and get the files directly from him like I did. 😁

I see an order in my future. Thanks for the steer.

Expect to see the Firebird, CJ-7, '57 Bel Air, '64 Impala, and Bronco Half-Cab in hobby shops over the course of this week and the next. They landed at Stevens International today and will likely hit other wholesale distributors like Hobbytyme, Emery, and Heartland within the next few days as well. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Heard some talk that the 85 Blazer is getting closer to reality. There were some test shots seen and it looks beautiful. Fingers crossed, I might be ordering a case of them.

Test shots? Where? C'mon man, you can't just tease like that!

Somebody mentioned something about Wes from Wes' Model Car corner claiming to have seen them. Not sure if there is any video yet.

It is all just talk for now, but we are getting closer.

24 minutes ago, av405 said:

Ahh okay, I saw that video as well. I thought there were some actual shots out there somewhere.

You are one up on me. I've read about the video, but have not seen it. I don't use Facebook.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Somebody mentioned something about Wes from Wes' Model Car corner claiming to have seen them. Not sure if there is any video yet.

It is all just talk for now, but we are getting closer.

I was on his Thursday night live kit review last Thursday and he talked about the upcoming Blazer kit.  He stated that he saw pictures of it.  He mentioned that we are going to be very happy when we see the preview shots of it.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 8:48 AM, GMP440 said:

I was on his Thursday night live kit review last Thursday and he talked about the upcoming Blazer kit.  He stated that he saw pictures of it.  He mentioned that we are going to be very happy when we see the preview shots of it.  

I'm hoping that this kit will sell well and perhaps inspire Revell to also do a new tool or modified reissue Blazer for Sheriff Brody's Jaws Blazer.

2 hours ago, oldcarfan said:

I'm hoping that this kit will sell well and perhaps inspire Revell to also do a new tool or modified reissue Blazer for Sheriff Brody's Jaws Blazer.

I'd rather they pour money into a series of pickups to replace the poor offerings we have of the last of the squarebodies (81-91). If the could find the top to the Pulldozer Blazer they could create a stock 73-80 Blazer using the axles and engine from the recent reissue 76 step side pickup.

On 4/9/2024 at 3:19 PM, mikemodeler said:

I'd rather they pour money into a series of pickups to replace the poor offerings we have of the last of the squarebodies (81-91). If the could find the top to the Pulldozer Blazer they could create a stock 73-80 Blazer using the axles and engine from the recent reissue 76 step side pickup.

What's wrong with the MPC kits, Mike?

I think they have an excellent engine and suspension and very accurate bodywork. Only weak point I can think of is the interior. They didn't update the dash from the earlier trucks and the seats could be better but beside that?.

4 hours ago, Can-Con said:

I think they have an excellent engine and suspension and very accurate bodywork. Only weak point I can think of is the interior. They didn't update the dash from the earlier trucks and the seats could be better but beside that?.

I grew up building the MPC kits so I have a sentimental attachment. I'd definitely love to see them invest some money into updating the kits, maybe redoing and updating the tools, and maybe fixing some of the poorly done retooling they did over the years.

• Like 1

Speaking of Revell's 2024 kits; what about they reissue their fantastic Peterbuilt 3-axles "can do" tow-truck; it sure is ripe for a reisue!

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-7541-peterbilt-wrecker--122635

Their "Marmon" truck would also be nice to be reissued.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-07429-marmon-conventional--765244

I sure do hope that there's gonna be other versions of their new 1985 Blazer; like a regular pickup with 8-foot fleetside bed!

23 hours ago, PintoKING said:

Speaking of Revell's 2024 kits; what about they reissue their fantastic Peterbuilt 3-axles "can do" tow-truck; it sure is ripe for a reisue!

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-7541-peterbilt-wrecker--122635

Their "Marmon" truck would also be nice to be reissued.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-07429-marmon-conventional--765244

I sure do hope that there's gonna be other versions of their new 1985 Blazer; like a regular pickup with 8-foot fleetside bed!

Having been more than a little unnerved about the accuracy of some of the information posted on ScaleMaters, can someone on the board here that is in the know confirm that the Peterbilt Tow Trucks do in fact descend from the original Revell 1/25th scale Peterbilt Conventional Tractor kit that was first tooled and issued in 1982, as the ScaleMates site suggests?   Thx, TB  

Edited by tim boyd
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Can-Con said:

The interior as you mention is a sad representation of what it should be. It would be nice to see a long bed version of the kit.

2 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Having been more than a little unnerved about he accuracy of some of the information posted on ScaleMaters, can someone on the board here that is in the know confirm that the Peterbilt Tow Trucks do in fact descend from the original Revell 1/25th scale Peterbilt Conventional Tractor kit that was first tooled and issued in 1982, as the ScaleMates site suggests?   Thx, TB  

Tim, I believe they are, tho later on Klaus Lassen of Revell Germany designed all kinds of variations.

You can find him on Facebook

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Len Woodruff said:

I am still waiting to hear on the C8 Corvette. That last note I saw said something in the May 2024 time frame. Any body of a confirmation or update on this?

Ed had the test shots mounted to the advertising board and a box with him at the IPMS Show in Indianapolis last weekend.  Has to be getting close for the boxes to be completed.  I don't know if he'll be in NJ at the end of the month or not, but Revell is supposed to be at the IPMS Nationals in Madison in July - although the C8 might be out by then.

56 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Ed had the test shots mounted to the advertising board and a box with him at the IPMS Show in Indianapolis last weekend.  Has to be getting close for the boxes to be completed.  I don't know if he'll be in NJ at the end of the month or not, but Revell is supposed to be at the IPMS Nationals in Madison in July - although the C8 might be out by then.

Thanks for the info James.

10 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Having been more than a little unnerved about he accuracy of some of the information posted on ScaleMaters, can someone on the board here that is in the know confirm that the Peterbilt Tow Trucks do in fact descend from the original Revell 1/25th scale Peterbilt Conventional Tractor kit that was first tooled and issued in 1982, as the ScaleMates site suggests?   Thx, TB  

Yes, ScaleMates is great, but the timelines are not always accurate. That said, yes, Revell’s Peterbilt tow truck is a massive conversion based on the 1982 Revell Peterbilt 359 kit.

1 hour ago, Don Sikora II said:

Yes, ScaleMates is great, but the timelines are not always accurate. That said, yes, Revell’s Peterbilt tow truck is a massive conversion based on the 1982 Revell Peterbilt 359 kit.

Thanks Don....best to you....TIM