Model Cars Magazine Forum

8 minutes ago, Dave Ambrose said:

I assume we got caught in some kind of holiday crush, but the delivery on this issue was atrocious. We've already sent out a record number of replacement issues. The odd thing was they were doing so well earlier this year. If we send out replacement issues, we send them first class instead of bulk. 

Sorry to say mine hasn't arrived in scotlands yet either. It usually arrives christmas week but I'm happy to wait another couple of weeks. I think it might be the last on my sub too so I'll have to get that updated soon

20 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

I assume we got caught in some kind of holiday crush, but the delivery on this issue was atrocious. We've already sent out a record number of replacement issues. The odd thing was they were doing so well earlier this year. If we send out replacement issues, we send them first class instead of bulk. 

Is there some kind of investigating you can do to find out what happened? I realize dealing with postal delivery is probably a waste of time but as you pointed out "this issue was atrocious". Or did something change with the printer or sending process?

You'd hate to have a repeat of this kind with the next issue. 😠

Just now, TonyK said:

Is there some kind of investigating you can do to find out what happened? I realize dealing with postal delivery is probably a waste of time but as you pointed out "this issue was atrocious". Or did something change with the printer or sending process?

You'd hate to have a repeat of this kind with the next issue. 😠

it was christmas time, more than double the post and parcels take priority/make more money

On 1/3/2024 at 8:51 PM, Dave Ambrose said:

We used to have that problem a lot. The mail handling machines don't like naked magazines. The printer puts them in a poly bag, which seems to have remediated the shipping damage. It's extra cost, but seems to be worth it. 

I recieved my subscription copy today in the poly and looks to be in great condition.  I feel bad for you guys with the shipping issues. I guess I'll wait a couple  months from shipping next time. It  doesn't speak well of the current postal system. Thanks for all that you guys do.

Edited by Ridge Rider

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine lives in Millbrae ,CA. I got my issue early December. He asked me to put in a request for a replacement in early January. I did so. On January 11 he said he got his copy. I thought it was his replacement copy but it was his original. Fortunately the replacement copy hadn't been sent  out. Dave told me the magazine were mailed on November 11th.  His copied was in the postal system for 2 months.

You wonder what happened to the original copy that some of us never got. Post Office delivered it to the wrong address? Ended up in the back room? We'll never know.

Glad you were able to stop the replacement copy going out. Hate for the magazine having to pay extra for someone's incompetence but appreciate they do it for us subscribers.

The various postal services have really been a let down with this issue.

We're not entirely sure what the holdup has been. We sent this issue to print back in November, and it was delayed literally everywhere it gets mailed to.

No one got their issues on time with this one.

:(

On 2/2/2024 at 10:46 PM, iamsuperdan said:

The various postal services have really been a let down with this issue.

We're not entirely sure what the holdup has been. We sent this issue to print back in November, and it was delayed literally everywhere it gets mailed to.

No one got their issues on time with this one.

:(

I'm no expert but I will hazard a guess that the holidays and extra volume of mail and packages overwhelmed a system that was already struggling. I got Christmas cards into early January that had been mailed mid December so not surprised magazines were delayed.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone in Australia received their issue 222?  Its March tomorrow and still no sign of my issue in Western Australia. I love the magazine but the postal authorities have a lot to answer for, not that they ever will!

Cheers

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

Same here...nothing.
This is starting to get ridiculous.
Before the Pandemic and the unfortunate hiatus of the magazine for a while it worked perfectly and I got every issue, but now it's very iffy to say the least and when you get 2 out of 6 issues something is very wrong.
Has the mail services all over the World become so bad since then that they doesn't bother to deliver the mail to the recipient...because there must be some serious problems somewhere in the mail chain wherever they are...because this problems with getting the magazines has been for a couple of years now.

Edited by Force

• 2 weeks later...

Now April and still nothing for me in Western Australia.  Do the postal authorities just  chuck this stuff in the bin?  I mean, where would they have big enough facilities to store stuff for four months before they get around to sending it?  Is it now a case of " You can pay for postage but we will deliver it if and when we feel like it?"  And surely it is not just this magazine.  It must be putting people out of business!

Cheers

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Great news, my Issue 222 turned up right after I made this post and then my issue 223 turned up earlier this week.  Back on track at last!  Thanks to the crew that continues to put this great publication together. I hope everyone else around the world who have been waiting patiently as I have will see their copies soon.

Cheers

Alan

Got my 222 issue a few weeks ago but still sitting in the house anxiously looking for the 223 issue but still it's a no show, but on the good side is we haven't had any ransom demands yet either.😉😆