Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best lamborghini countach kit

What Lamborghini countach kit is the best ? 

There are so many kits out there and some are  obviously not well done . 

My only experience was with the Monogram kit , which I felt was an easy build and I felt good about the end result back in the 1990s . Screenshot_20231106_080844_eBay.jpg.2c720c47b7eda890c5c68d070202708d.jpg

I prefer the Monogram kit, even though the Fujimi kit may be more accurate. The only thing I wish Revell would do is to add a front wing, some aftermarket driving lights, and a 12 outlet exhaust so we could do a 'from the box' rendition of that famous movie Countach!

5 hours ago, oldcarfan said:

I prefer the Monogram kit, even though the Fujimi kit may be more accurate. The only thing I wish Revell would do is to add a front wing, some aftermarket driving lights, and a 12 outlet exhaust so we could do a 'from the box' rendition of that famous movie Countach!

I watched a documentary on that car which made me want to build that particular car but also reminded me how insane the countach was at that time .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

The Fujimi Enthusiast kits are probably the best out there. Don't get me wrong, they're daunting to look at but if you take your time they build into something pretty special. They also cover about every version of car that was available. 

The same ones testors reboxed ? 

The Aoshima kit looks at least as good as the Fujimi (better, in my opinion) when built and goes together with surprisingly little drama. It's thoughtfully designed to sidestep many of the assembly challenges presented by the Countach's unique shape, such as the rocker panels being separate parts that fit perfectly so you don't have that moment of terror when you have to force the body over the chassis. The downside is that the engine detail isn't quite at Fujimi's level, but it still looks great when built. Both Fujimi and Aoshima have produced early LP400 kits.

• 2 weeks later...