Model Cars Magazine Forum

moderation of new members

Vette_lover2004

just curious how long, " a while" is, per the forum guidelines? I only ask this, because I was doing business with a well established forum member, which could've been handled in a day or two. It took nearly a week due to forum moderators needing to approve my content. Am I looking at months of moderation, amount of posts? The guidelines don't cover the timeline. It says, " a while". I'm just wondering how long I'm going to be on probation.

17 hours ago, Vette_lover2004 said:

just curious how long, " a while" is, per the forum guidelines? I only ask this, because I was doing business with a well established forum member, which could've been handled in a day or two. It took nearly a week due to forum moderators needing to approve my content. Am I looking at months of moderation, amount of posts? The guidelines don't cover the timeline. It says, " a while". I'm just wondering how long I'm going to be on probation.

Joseph, you could always just go into the section with the built kits and post "looks great! " "nice build !" and "very nice!"  in at least 15 threads and then bingo, you're off moderation! 😉

2 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Joseph, you could always just go into the section with the built kits and post "looks great! " "nice build !" and "very nice!"  in at least 15 threads and then bingo, you're off moderation! 😉

I could do that, but, I would like to add to the forum with substance. I don't want to add, just to add and get off probation, if that makes sense. I have a WIP Bigfoot I'm doing, so I've largely added to that topic. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Every time a new member posts, us mods get an approval request that is auto-generated by the board. I haven't seen any approval requests for PMs. 

Maybe it shows it differently on smart phones. On everything I submit, I get a notice in large red letters stating it needs a pproval from the moderators. I'm on a desktop currently, and I see it the same as I see it on my phone, at the moment.

32 minutes ago, Vette_lover2004 said:

Maybe it shows it differently on smart phones. On everything I submit, I get a notice in large red letters stating it needs a pproval from the moderators. I'm on a desktop currently, and I see it the same as I see it on my phone, at the moment.

Make sure you are actually trying to send a PM and not posting on their status page. They are different. If you post to a status page, others can see it.