Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Cars Magazine Pens

The Model Cars Magazine giveaway pens are some of the best I have used.   I have a few that followed me home from GSL.  Good quality, smooth writing, good feel in the hand.  Today my wife brought me one of my shirts that had just gone through the washer and dryer.  The pen I have been using recently was still clipped to the pocket.  The pen still works perfectly.

On 12/24/2023 at 4:42 AM, gbdolfans said:

How can we get some?

Stop by if we're at a show. We frequently have some with us. 

On 12/24/2023 at 8:14 PM, BDSchindler said:

DITTO!  I want some too.

How about a free pen to all subscribers?

We'd love to, but the cost would be prohibitive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Usually, free pens are of a disposable type.  They offer free advertisement, but they do come at a cost to the advertiser.  My Club used to offer them, but they fail to write or just broke apart when you looked at them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 8:50 AM, mrmike said:

Usually, free pens are of a disposable type.  They offer free advertisement, but they do come at a cost to the advertiser.  My Club used to offer them, but they fail to write or just broke apart when you looked at them. 

Last year, we ordered a bunch of pens to use as giveaways. We did it ourselves, and our marketing department lost their minds. We spend too much, it wasn't approved, blah, blah.

So they ordered some pens and went on and on about how much money they saved over the ordered we place.

I enjoyed it when the pens arrived, and half don't work, and they literally fall apart if you hold them too tightly or drop them. Even the big boss literally asked "who ordered these [censored] pens? Spend a little money and get the good ones like last time." Referring of course, to the pens I had a hand in ordering. 

image.jpeg

Of course...I'm a pen snob, so still use my Porsche pen, made from actual Porsche braided brake lines.

• Haha 1