Model Cars Magazine Forum

What color is this?

I don't see any green or olive drab in that paint. To me it looks like pale gold (sort of similar to the "cashmere" color popular in the '90s, but a bit more gold-ish).  The Tamiya X-11 looks pretty close, but seems it seems a bit too beige.  There are probably nail polish colors very close to what's needed.  The transporter truck's cab seems to be painted the same color as the car.

I should also add that color photos are not very good for accurate color matching. Plus since the original vehicle is likely long gone, who will question your color choice?

Edited by peteski

Further research has disclosed that the color was a metallic color used on Chevy trucks.  My brother got the vehicles painted while I was working for Uncle Sam, so I was not involved in the color choice.  Again, deepest thanks to all who responded with possible colors.   I have ordered (from MCW) Laurel green and yellow green metallic colors.  We shall see which one looks the best.  Thanks again.  You guys are the best.

• Like 1