Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Beaumont Wagon conversion

TheBEAUMONTGURU

A little more progress.  lots of upgrades to the original,  made some door panel lines,  decals for the embossing pattern.  a GTO grill from another kit.  had to fabricate the latch for the spare tire as well as the rear gate handle. scribed all the panel lines better, and made some trim strips for the tops of the doors, still need to chrome them tho.  also made some decals for the waffle patterned metal panels on the rear seat and tailgate, the effect worked well.  still lots to do, handles, armrests, belts, etc. 

the paint is the SEM vinyl dye from my real car.  My car also has a black carpet front and rear, not correct for the purists, but its how my real car looks.

20240205_165029.jpg

20240205_164538.jpg

• Like 5

Got the interior finished.   Lots of added details,  photoshop decals for the gauges, and a 4 speed shift pattern.    Bumpstops for the back seat, seatbelts, door lock knobs.  Some scratch built armrests, radio delete plate, 4 speed steering column and some added pedals from the parts bins.

I got all the foil work done on the body, and detailed out my scratch built tail lights

TECH TIP:  the front windshield from the revell 65 Z16 chevelle works way better and is way thinner.  it fits like a glove with NO trimming needed and has molded in sunvisors that work perfect.    I used clear Acetate sheet for the rest of the glass.   the kit stuff is WAY too thick and looks terrible.

20240212_185211.jpg

20240212_185427.jpg

20240212_185526.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

getting back on this project.  Its almost finished.   here i am mocking up the stance.  wheels are fireball 15x7 and 15x6 just like the real car.  fabricated the proper looking tailpipes and added a sway bar and raised the rear end a bit, built my own shocks from scratch.

20240401_190446.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

here is the L-79 327 installed.  still lots of details left,  but is getting there.  I used the 66 nova engine and transmission,  a parts box intake that i modded lots and lots!  built the thermostat housing,  fireball carb,  made all my own fan spacers,  alt brackets, hoses, throttle linkage and brackets,  built my own coil and bracket. modded the rad spacer and craddle to accept my new grill, etc, etc.

The 65 Z-16 engine compartment fit in really well to the AMT crappy wagon body.  i even made a pretty convincing cowl tag from a piece of foil.  i used the dual master cyl from a 67 chevelle kit, as my real car has the dual cyl upgrade.

20240401_190342.jpg

Edited by TheBEAUMONTGURU
typo
  • Like 8