Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would a car modelers Hades be like:

8 hours ago, bobss396 said:

There will be nothing but the Revell Unbuildables. The '56 Ford truck, the OG '31 Woody, '56 Chevy and so on.

These kits were a struggle in my younger years. If I broke something... I was up a creek.

My Hades on earth as a young builder: Slammed the Ford pick up to the floor, hated the 57 Chevy with all the opening features. Watched the wheels melt into the tires.

greg

Paint never dries and gloo doesn't, and every time you think you might actually enjoy the next moment, some shrill authoritative voice tells you to change a litterbox or take out the trash.

If you love to build box-stock, the only kits you can have are jumbled up messes of cherry-picked leftovers, and if you love to kitbash hot-rods and American customs, all you're allowed to have is one late-model 4 door Asian kit at a time.

The only available cement is MPC Notox.  Smells like lemon, sticks like...lemon.  When disassembling builtups assembled with it, you still get a whiff of lemon upon separating the parts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

You clear coat your crapy enamel paint job with lacquer, which is all you can get, and then stripping it down the styrene body melts into a gob of goo.  And it was the last of those 'find no more' kits that cost you your life savings because you just Had to have it.