Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1955 Ford F100 Street Rod, 1/24 Scale. Gulf Livery.

Here's my version of the Monogram 1955 Ford F100 Street Rod that I can finally show now that the reveal date has passed. I did this one for the Youtube USACC 2023 Group Build. I used Cobra Motor Paints by AMMO, with Creates High Gloss Clear, although I will recommend using the Cobra Motors 2K Clear or any other 2K clear instead of the Createx, or possibly a lacquer clear as the Createx didn't seem to mesh with the paint very well. I used the wheels and tires from the Revell 1971 Dom's GTX kit, and tail lights from the Revell 1932 Ford 5-Window Coupe kit. I did make the exhaust tips from 1/8" styrene tubing and slash cut them with my exacto blade. A combination of Apple Barrel Khaki, Honey Brown, and Nutmeg Brown was used for the bed and interior, while the bed slats were taped off and sprayed with Molotow Chrome. This was a super fun build and I was very happy to be able to participate in the group build. As always, thanks for looking! Progress vids can be found on my Youtube channel, Stumpy Grump's Scale Speed Shop.

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

8.JPG

10.JPG

13.JPG

15.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

23.JPG

• Like 12

23 hours ago, shoopdog said:

Spectacular build!

23 hours ago, Zippi said:

That orange just pops off that blue.  Great stance.  Nice build.

22 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Glad I got a chance to see your great looking build before it gets moved to the truck thread. Great build. Great livery. I had a buddy in the early 1970's who brush painted his Chevy II wagon in the the Gulf livery.

19 hours ago, Kah puts said:

That’s pretty cool 👍

17 hours ago, bondo bill said:

I like it alot

16 hours ago, redscampi said:

Very nice looking model! 

14 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

9 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

That is beautiful from top to bottom!

8 hours ago, 70 Sting said:

Yes!  I like this very much. 👍

7 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Excellent build.

6 hours ago, Rattlecan Dan said:

Very nice application of the classic Gulf livery. Really nice and clean build.

5 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Oh yeah Craig....not even close to one of my favorite Ford trucks but man, yours looks terrific, great job!!👍

1 hour ago, espo said:

Beautiful paint colors and finish, like the Gulf Oil color theme. Great looking engine and chassis colors and detailing. Like the stance along with the wheels and tires. 

1 hour ago, Yeah Nah said:

Beautiful build Craig! Love it. The bed woodwork is 100% too.

28 minutes ago, karbuildr said:

What a great build. I really like the Gulf paint scheme, and the wheels and tires were an excellent choice. Engine details and the bed details are very good looking.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!

5 hours ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Excellent truck! The Gulf livery suits it well and the stance is just right! Why did you do to get the rims of the GTX wheels chromed the Nice?

Thanks! After painting the orange, I traced out the inner rim on masking tape and cut the circle and placed over the inside of the rim. Then I sprayed Molotow Chrome through my airbrush for the outer rim. Carefully peeling the masking tape back off was the real trick being careful not to swipe the edge of the chrome.