Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 March Product Spotlight

45 minutes ago, Dave Darby said:

@SteveG What does the 40 Sedan decal sheet look like in color? Are those the old Street Rods series flames along the top?

Here's the original decals from the AMT T144 '39 Ford Sedan 'Street Rods' series kit (1974).

I don't think the new kit's will look like this.

AMT T144 '39 Ford Tudor Sedan decal.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blizzy63 said:

Here's the original decals from the AMT T144 '39 Ford Sedan 'Street Rods' series kit (1974).

I don't think the new kit's will look like this.

AMT T144 '39 Ford Tudor Sedan decal.jpeg

Appears to be an expanded version. Hard to tell for sure from the screen shot, the flames sure look like it. Minus the sponsor decals.

Screenshot_20240302_135658_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Dave Darby

10 hours ago, RichCostello said:

That 39/40 Ford has been sitting on the shelf at Hobby Lobby since the last time it was reissued.

Does the '40 Ford Sedan Gasser kit have the 1939 parts in it? Otherwise the 39/40 kit hasn't been out in 21 years. 

8 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Does the '40 Ford Sedan Gasser kit have the 1939 parts in it? Otherwise the 39/40 kit hasn't been out in 21 years. 

Yes, yes it does. I have one. The only new plastic part in the '40 Gasser kit is the much missed Hood Scoop. The '40 Gasser has two colours of clear glass, and much better decals than this new kit. And, IMHO, this box art is not all that great. It may be vintage, but that does not make it all that collectible or good. At least to me.

My wallet stays firmly closed, this time around.

But, I just got both Ford Pickups, the '69 Galaxie, and the new Dodge warlock, so I'm not skimping on Round2 kits. But, those 4 kits did deplete my "Fun Money" account until May.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Yep, Alan is correct. I also have it, Issued in 2018. Yellow "Spic 'N Span Gasser" box art says 40 Ford on the box, but has all of the 39 parts.

I paid $7.49 for it (can't remember when), but I think they still have them at the regular price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1