Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 32 Ford Roadster

Yeah Nah

I had a couple of different 90s issues of this kit and there were some unidentified odd extra parts including a centre steering instrument panel and a small windscreen. Thanks to the wonderful Drastic Plastics website (link below) I was able to find out their origin: old Trophy Series issues. The Lindberg 32 Hot Rod kit had the required decals so I managed to produce a combination of two Trophy kits. 

The windscreen was unusable so used it for a pattern cut from acetate. Unfortunately the canvas 'cockpit' cover wasn't there so I made a pair from umbrella nylon. Anything else required came from the spares box.

Anyway, pretty happy with the result. Let me know what you think.

Drastic Plastics link:  https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/

Scan_20240309.png

20240310_100440.jpg

20240310_100452.jpg

20240310_100507.jpg

20240310_100518.jpg

20240310_100534.jpg

20240310_100549.jpg

323-vi.jpg

scan0066-vi.jpg

Edited by Yeah Nah
  • Like 16

Very nice, you have really managed to build in the present without disturbing the spirit of the vintage kit, it is more difficult than you think, I have failed to do so myself with this particular kit by the way.

Thanks for the material tips.

• Like 2