Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 and Revell @ NNL East

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

There was a series of 3 SnapTite 1981 Fords made. A "Styleside", a Flareside, and whatever the crack-smoked heck the "6-Wheeler" was supposed to be. They're all the same cab and suspension/chassis, just the beds and wheels are different. None of them have been seen again since 1981 that I'm aware of, and I'm not sure why they'd pick the "fauxully" to reissue - aside from it's perceived uniqueness.

Screenshot_20240428_201435_SamsungInternet.jpg.fd1cb2076fc67f9e408c3e61a6311bfc.jpg

Screenshot_20240428_201505_SamsungInternet.jpg.bc9432d02d33d1adead4a98932024c90.jpg

Screenshot_20240428_201532_SamsungInternet.jpg.6df65830f67961e5743211790502d210.jpg

Man, those sure look like short beds....

Maybe the roll bar from the Flareside will make it into the kit.

That bed looks like it could be made into a longbed, but the surgery would be tricky.

18 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

There was a series of 3 SnapTite 1981 Fords made. A "Styleside", a Flareside, and whatever the crack-smoked heck the "6-Wheeler" was supposed to be. They're all the same cab and suspension/chassis, just the beds and wheels are different. None of them have been seen again since 1981 that I'm aware of, and I'm not sure why they'd pick the "fauxully" to reissue - aside from it's perceived uniqueness.

Screenshot_20240428_201435_SamsungInternet.jpg.fd1cb2076fc67f9e408c3e61a6311bfc.jpg

Screenshot_20240428_201505_SamsungInternet.jpg.bc9432d02d33d1adead4a98932024c90.jpg

Screenshot_20240428_201532_SamsungInternet.jpg.6df65830f67961e5743211790502d210.jpg

The Night Rider 4x4 was reissued in the late 90's under the SSP or Selected Subjects Program that lasted a couple years,i also bought the 1/8 85 Iroc under the program around the same time.Also AMT had the Buyers choice Program around the same time i don't remember all the releases only the 64'Mercury Marauder kit.

Edited by kelson
spelling
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Carmak said:

Round@ was showing the MPC 72 Chevelle at NNL East.

This is completely different tooling than the AMT/ERTL 72 Chevelle. This is the tooling used for the 72 Chevelle promos.

This body was modified into a stock car in the early 70's and restored to mostly stock in the 80's (SSlasher kit molded in black and another version molded in red).

This kit correctly has a portion of the fender extension between the headlight bezel and the hood.

MPC 72 Chevelle.jpg

I remember someone telling me that the SSlasher kit still had most of the part for the Chevelle Street Funny Car, and I wonder if they are still there? Pity they won't back date it to the '71 model. 

image.png.097018988d56b4e5f46548907e4cdfe7.png

• Like 2

Sorry for the dumb question, but, what model year is the Revell Blazer - ? I know they had a few out there. 

And Daddyfink, God help me but those MPC Street Funnys were a lot of fun to build. Never quite looked like the box... but really didn't care, either. 

It was a time when we judged the quality of the kit by the width of the slicks! 

18 minutes ago, Ragtop Man said:

Sorry for the dumb question, but, what model year is the Revell Blazer - ? I know they had a few out there. 

The older one that's currently trapped as the "PullDozer" is a '76-'78 since Revell has been pretty flexible over the years with what exact year any of those square bodies actually are in a given boxing

The new one for Stanger Things is supposed to be a 1985.

2 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

I remember someone telling me that the SSlasher kit still had most of the part for the Chevelle Street Funny Car, and I wonder if they are still there? Pity they won't back date it to the '71 model. 

The Sslasher had the custom front end parts shown.  It did NOT have the Street Funny wheels, supercharger, or exhaust pipes.  

The coming issue will have the same parts as the issue AFTER the Sslasher (the one with the red car on the box).  The parts to build the Sslasher as shown on that box were still there, but the optional items were switched around.  The Street Funny front end parts were not in that issue, and will not be in the upcoming reissue.  They weren't shown on the box, so the car can still be built as shown on the Sslasher issue box.

Mark, I'm curious to see what optional parts will be in the Chevelle.

I don't think I've ever seen the Red Boxing you mention. Either way it is a Fun kit, like a lot of the MPC kits were.

I hope it gets a second set of Wheels. I always like a choice of rims.

Thanks for sharing what you know about it.

Edited by stavanzer

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

I am curious if the fender flares for the Hellcat be a separate.

It looks like a whole new body. I was shocked. If the flares are separate, they're very well blended/glued into the body. Which would be weird since they're separate on the 1/1. 

Edited by blubaja
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

I would love to see this series of Street funny's come out again !

14 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Mark, I'm curious to see what optional parts will be in the Chevelle.

I don't think I've ever seen the Red Boxing you mention. Either way it is a Fun kit, like a lot of the MPC kits were.

I hope it gets a second set of Wheels. I always like a choice of rims.

Thanks for sharing what you know about it.

The red box one...had a big hood scoop.

1205841-49212-74-1080.jpg.webp

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, blubaja said:

It looks like a whole new body. I was shocked. If the flares are separate, they're very well blended/glued into the body. Which would be weird since they're separate on the 1/1. 

Honestly it would be dumb if they were part of the body since you can get a narrow body hellcat, and as you said they are just bolted on. My hope is they are just really well molded parts!

• Like 2

Smells like kit sales to me, with a dash of licensing. You wanna make a "narrow-body" Hellcat, guess you're buying two kits.

Also Stellantis probably has no interest in whether or not you need to buy two kits as they most likely don't have any reason to approve licensing for a non-halo version of their Charger. Remember with this Charger project Round2 got the files and whatnot directly from the manufacturer, so in one of those one hand washes the other and in turn both hands wash the face things - Round2 got to make 3 variants of a Charger that makes the entire thing financially viable, so long as they made the variants Stellantis was interested in seeing promoted.

Posted (edited)

Everybody talking about pricing on the Round2 Models but, I was just at my local Hobbytown USA and they had the new release of the Revell 57 Bel Air Sedan, Revell 64 Impala and the Bronco Half Cab priced at $50 ea! Not sure why so much but, I passed on them. I hope they were mispriced. Round2 kits were down in the low to mid $30 range.

Edited by jjsipes

1 hour ago, jjsipes said:

Everybody talking about pricing on the Round2 Models but, I was just at my local Hobbytown USA and they had the new release of the Revell 57 Bel Air Sedan, Revell 64 Impala and the Bronco Half Cab priced at $50 ea! Not sure why so much but, I passed on them. I hope they were mispriced. Round2 kits were down in the low to mid $30 range.

Hobbytown USA has always had their own list price. Stevens International shows that Bronco as having a MSRP of $39.95. Most online sellers have it in the $31-$33 price range. I didn't pay $50 for my half cab Bronco and Dune Buggy kit, no way I would pay that just for the Bronco.

Going to have to get several of the Charger kits. The new Hiway Patrol version could be made into a more pedestrian Charger such as our GT AWD with none of the vents in the fenders and a flat hood.