Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here is my completed Chevy van. Scratch built arches,front valence and sills with the sidepipes in them.

Its been made into a short wheelbase and the rear doors smoothed out and a custom rear light and a custom grille.

The wheels are from Aoshima. The paint is candy yellow over metalflake silver,gunmetal and light gunmetal. 

Thanks for looking Lee 

20240430_104918.jpg

20240430_104852.jpg

20240430_104933.jpg

20240430_104906.jpg

20240430_104839.jpg

20240430_104825.jpg

20240430_104813.jpg

20240430_104752.jpg

20240430_104713.jpg

20240430_104652.jpg

• Like 12

Beautiful looking paint finish and the retro designs remind me of the van craze of long ago. The custom body work is even done like a few of the high end builds of the time. Like how you smoothed off the roof edges and drip rails. 

• Thanks 1

That is one beautiful van. Would have definitely been a feature article in Truckin' magazine in the 70"s. A very clean build and your paint work is outstanding. Just wondering, did you do a fuzzy fur interior?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TarheelRick said:

That is one beautiful van. Would have definitely been a feature article in Truckin' magazine in the 70"s. A very clean build and your paint work is outstanding. Just wondering, did you do a fuzzy fur interior?

No not after all the work on the body

Very cool custom van, Lee. Nice style and good looking body-work. Nice work on the paint, too. That looks like a heck of a lot of masking. Nice, clean lines. What tape do you use?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bainford said:

Very cool custom van, Lee. Nice style and good looking body-work. Nice work on the paint, too. That looks like a heck of a lot of masking. Nice, clean lines. What tape do you use?

I use Aizu tape.it comes in sizes from 2.5mm to 0.4mm. I get from ebay 

• Thanks 1