Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sneak peek .... Lindberg Charger Police Package

SteveG

Thanks for the pic link Casey.

Too bad it only comes with One standard grill Guard and not the MadMax grill Guard. :P

MadMax grill guard? I know the GA State Patrol units have massive wrap-around guards for handy-dandy pit maneuver jobs <_<

And I want to build a GA car...but might go w/SC just to avoid building a new guard.

Just thought I'd post these here too, they're pics of the two we got in at work

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v698/bjoehandley/Plastic%20Models/Lindberg%20Police%20Chargers/

Any chance one or two of these will follow you home? Maybe for some pics of what's in the box? :unsure:

Any chance one or two of these will follow you home? Maybe for some pics of what's in the box? :unsure:

Not yet, the ISP might before too long as well as the "unmarked" kit once we get that one in. That'll depend on if I need to just patch or completely replace the right rear tire on my XJ, it managed to pick up a bolt on the past week:blink:

Not yet, the ISP might before too long as well as the "unmarked" kit once we get that one in. That'll depend on if I need to just patch or completely replace the right rear tire on my XJ, it managed to pick up a bolt on the past week:blink:

I'll be waiting! :unsure:

Good luck with the XJ too, I just hate when those bolts magically appear in the tires! ;) If it wasn't a monster sized bolt and something the size of a nail, you should be able to just get a patch or plug. That is if it wasn't in the sidewall, too.

I'll be waiting! :lol:

Good luck with the XJ too, I just hate when those bolts magically appear in the tires! :blink: If it wasn't a monster sized bolt and something the size of a nail, you should be able to just get a patch or plug. That is if it wasn't in the sidewall, too.

Judging by the size of the head, it might only be a 6-32 or 8-32 maybe a 1/4-20 and it's in the tread so the local Goodyear should be able to patch it or give me a good pro-rating on it since I bought this set from them little over a year ago. I'm going to ask them to save the bolt so I can see how big it actually is!

When Dad was still with the E,J&E, he took a tire to Sam's Club to get replaced after popping it along the tracks. The overly optimistic tire guys at that store were just positive they could patch it even though Dad kept telling them, no, it's not possible. They kept insisting they could fix it, so Dad goes OK and brings his XJ around to the bay doors, opens the hatch, and they take one look at that tire and realize that the rail road spike buried in the tread was a pretty good indication that no, it in fact wasn't patchable in any way, shape, or form :lol:

About gd time!

Whats up with the wheels?

P2210002.jpg

What are the 1st ones?/SXT style/Steelies:D

Does it have a regular rear seat option?

Is the roof filled or holes? Can't WAITTTTTTTTTTTTT to make this sneaky one:)

njsp314.jpg

Never been so excited to make such an uninteresting model of an everyday car lol! I think it's just the ridiculous wait we've had to deal with!

About gd time!

Does it have a regular rear seat option?

Is the roof filled or holes? Can't WAITTTTTTTTTTTTT to make this sneaky one:)

njsp314.jpg

Never been so excited to make such an uninteresting model of an everyday car lol! I think it's just the ridiculous wait we've had to deal with!

Two stock wheel options plus the police steelies with dog dish caps.

It has both a regular rear seat and the fiberglas molded prisoner seat. You can see the regular seat on the tree with the front and rear fascias and door panels; the prisoner seat is on the tree with the partition, push bar, and other police parts.

The kit has all the same parts as the first versions (R/T and SRT), but more:

There are like 4 white trees with police specific parts, plus a small chrome tree with police parts, and the clear tree with light bar domes/covers.

There are no holes in the roof and ... in fact ... they molded this body with none of the upscale side trim! No sanding required!

Like I said, it's an amazing kit!

;)

Heh, sorry, I kinda flew through the pics initially:) Do any of you have the diecast testors kit version? That thing is pretty sweet, aside from the yea, diecast part. I have to say tho, the best part of the kit was the GoRhino push bar. Very accurate compared to what I have on my 1:1.

Wish they would have included some other R/T style rims too:) But hey, thanks be the kits are finally out!

Looks like they did a reworked plenum too with the holes filled!!! Proper!! Wooo!!!!!

Edited by blubaja

About gd time!

The wheels from left to right are the SRT rims out of the Lindberg SRT-8 issue, the alloy wheels (which need to be dechromed and painted argent/silver to look right) and the black steelies (one with center cap one without).

The wheels from left to right are the SRT rims out of the Lindberg SRT-8 issue, the alloy wheels (which need to be dechromed and painted argent/silver to look right) and the black steelies (one with center cap one without).

Those SRT-8 Superbee wheels are hideously undersized. Guess they only tooled one size tire-18".

The middle wheels do not represent alloys. The police cruisers have silver plastic wheelcovers that go over steel wheels Obviously for ease of kit manufacture, the wheels are designed like alloys.

Hope to see lots of variations of these kits built..marked cruisers, unmarked cars, detective cars, baseline cars...

Exactly right James, here's what they should look like painted. Bob's correct on the SRT8 wheel size but the police car wheels look just right to me.

Picture101-vi.jpg

Besides the SRT8 wheels there's a lot of leftover parts from the Super Bee version including a number of the 6.1 litre engine pieces so pay close attention when building up the 5.7 litre engine. I really like the separate side moldings, they're a little on the fragile side but it sure beats trying to sand them off. My only real dissapointment is that they chose not to Chrome plate the lightbar bases.

-Steve

In actuality few, if any, current light bars have any chrome plated parts. To me it's just more convenient spraying the entire thing aluminum, then adding some "shint stuff" for the rotators. With the proliferation of LED bars it is really easier. The majority look clear until turned on so just paint the inside of the clear area silver.

In all honesty though from 3 feet you won't notice the rotators at all until they are turned on. So since looking at a model from one foot away is like 24 actual feet, it just depends on how much you want to add.

I'm liking this kit and cannot wait to get started.

G

It's harder to see on the Texas DPS Charger but I had all the light bar bases plated that I used. Bright Silver paint would give a similar appearance but obviously chrome reflects better. I rather strip off chrome I don't need then send parts out for plating but that's just my preference.

Philly11-vi.jpg

Picture257-vi.jpg

As for the extra oil pan, it's for the SRT8 engine like I mentioned, the correct one is on the tree with the steel wheels.

Edited by SteveG