Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

I pulled this one out today also, It's going to be a 69 Chevelle 300, The resin body is a Shawn Carpenter peice, The hood is the same as the one on the Light gold one I have in my last post.69malibu300.jpg69malibu3002.jpg69malibu3003.jpg69malibu3004.jpg I'll be using the MCG Photoetch Set for the emblems on both of the cars.

i done one one those to look like my1.1 69 2 door post chevelle i wish someone would do a flat hood for us

I was thinking LeMans Blue Or the Light Metallic Blue they used in '69 for the Chevelle 300, Wheels and Tires, I'd love to find the C.O.P.O Style ones that came on the Camaros , And Novas.

i did mine in lemans blue

I pulled this one out today also, It's going to be a 69 Chevelle 300, The resin body is a Shawn Carpenter peice, The hood is the same as the one on the Light gold one I have in my last post.69malibu300.jpg69malibu3002.jpg69malibu3003.jpg69malibu3004.jpg I'll be using the MCG Photoetch Set for the emblems on both of the cars. http://P1020613.jpg

Edited by MrScatPak

I am amazed at you guys who have multiiple builds scattered over the bench at the same time. I would lose/misplace so many parts that it would drive me to drink. A lost part is a major catastrophy and I do everything I can to prevent it. Clear(ish) plastic shoeboxes from the dollar store are the best. I can keep each build I'm working on at the desk so I don't forget them, but everything stays separate.

Brian - what's with all the Krylon paint? Do you use it on every build?

I don't use it on all the builds. Most of my 2010 builds were painted with Krylon or Duplicolor. Fellow MCM member Mudpit602 rents a room from me and his bench is in the loft with mine. This is a Co-op setup so all of our paint is free use. He has bought a lot and myself and like it for the most part. I do use spray for a lot of little stuff too. I have never had an issue with Krylon with the exception of a couple having bad orange peel but thats the weather more than anything.

I am amazed at you guys who have multiiple builds scattered over the bench at the same time. I would lose/misplace so many parts that it would drive me to drink. A lost part is a major catastrophy and I do everything I can to prevent it. Clear(ish) plastic shoeboxes from the dollar store are the best. I can keep each build I'm working on at the desk so I don't forget them, but everything stays separate.

Funny enough, I have to remove my "drink" from the pics :D

Hey all,

Finally got a camera to take pics :D

I'm still working on the AMT '58 Vette and the Lindberg Jeep..

The Vette is painted with Tamiya Acrylic Laquer paint. Great stuff, but rather pricey :D

nicksstuff011.jpg

The Jeep is in a base coat of primer and silver in preparation for a dark red color..

nicksstuff012.jpg

The rolling chassis'....

nicksstuff013.jpg

Still have to flock the Jeep interior..

So far that's it.....

Cheers, Ian

Edited by imatt88

On my bench right now:

lineemup.jpg

The 25 'T' yard dog wrecker, and the 25 'T' hot rod (circa 1950's):

yarddogandhotrod.jpg

The 25 'T' Chopped coupe rat rod (circa present day) and 25 'T' tilt bed truck (circa 1930's):

ratrodandTtruck.jpg

And yet another build started on a similar theme; a 25 'T' fendered, chopped coupe custom (circa 1990's):

fenderedchoppedcoupe.jpg

Not quite sure where this last one is going but I'll come up with something. Now I see the picture, I'll probably move the body back over the rear axle..... Maybe even two motors (Firedome hemi's)....... in line?

(Economizing! Five models from two kits and a glue bomb........)

Ok, I put the Starliner away until another time. Got out this old Lindbergh kit.

My favorite model a 1940 Ford, though I prefer the AMT model better.

Still trying to do the two tone paint, but heh. this is a lot easier.

Lindberg1940Ford002.jpg

Lindberg1940Ford001.jpg

Comments are always welcome.

Darn near looks like a Taxi, don't it?

This is a 1/43 Tameo Tyrrell P34/2 1977 Brithish GP project. I've been working for the past two weeks. Most of the time had been spent been cleaning, since its mostly made of white metal. This is how it look today:

DSC_0414-1.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

CSC_0419-1.jpg

CSC_0444.jpg

CSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

I'll be starting a thread soon this coming week.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Edited by simonr

Ok, late last night, Saturday, I decided to use the 34 Ford Truck as a parts car and drug out this 62 Catalina.

The body is sitting in a brake fluid bath to strip the paint.

Got a lot of work on the frame and undercarriage to do as well as the interior.002-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

Come on guys, give me some ideas, thoughts or rants.

I have a few projects on the workbench but have put them on hold to work on molding & casting. I've been taking pics and sorting things out in order to try and make a decent impression on all of you with CRAZY SCALE AUTO PARTS. I'm concentrating on bucket seatss and air fliters with a few other goodies thrown in. I'm getting there

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, it's already sunday, but I post these pictures, because I'm very close to finish my '60 Impala Mild Custom... I must still make lake pipes and of course some finishing. But i think, I'm gettin' it ready today. This would be my second finished model in 2011.

MelkeinvalmisImpala.jpg

Melkeinvalmis.jpg

A little late in posting my workbench...

wb1.jpg

wb2.jpg

wb3.jpg

Magnetic jig is beside the Future polish bin beside the Mopar/American Muscle books. Selection of model kits is paltry right now because of my budget, but counting the number of models I've already built (20+), it's not too bad. A good selection of spray paints are in the right-side drawers along with my spare parts bin, and the underdesk cabinet houses quite a bit of tools, glues, cotton swabs, rags, etc.

And I need to clean my spray booth, I know. :)

• 4 weeks later...