Model Cars Magazine Forum

789 Chevy.......It's Here......

Space Cowboy

VERY ambitious project!! :o

I'm curious to see how this one goes! B)

niiice im gonna keep an eye on this, i didnt know 59s were molded in blue

First issue '59 convertibles were molded in blue, while the hardtop AFAIK has always been in white. I have the convertible that I've got the roof section and other parts to do a "flat-top" 4 dr hardtop............the ambition's got to hit me really hard though before I'll tackle that! :D

Welp, at least you got it lookin JUST as ugly as the REAL one. Not that your NOT a talented builder, but you chose an UGLY(To ME) car to model, and unless you do something drastic to it, it'll STAY an UGLY(to ME) reproduction of an ugly(to ME) car. Please understand this IS NOT a critisism of your talents or abilities. You seem to be MORE than capable of the task at hand.But,like I said, I think it's just a bad blending of ideas, and to see the real one, I was just NOT impressed with it at all. Actually made me wonder WHY someone would've done it in 1:1 scale. just 'caz they could,DOES NOT mean they should have! But, AND I EMPHSIZE That this is just MY personal opinion about this car, and in NO WAY reflects ANYTHING negative on your abilities. If YOU like it Bro, then please by all means,GO FOR IT!!! :lol::lol::blink: ( But I STILL think it's ugly)

It looked much better as it was from the start. I don't understand that front extension. Looks way off, please remove it?!

The "problem" arises from taking a literal interpretation of the 1:1 car, and using the unmodified Corvette chassis. The extension will work, but it's spoiled by the wheelbase. Now there is too much visual weight ahead of the front wheels, it's not as balanced as before. The rear wheels are in the right place.

The model would (IMHO...) look a lot better if the front wheel openings were moved forward, stretching the Corvette wheelbase. It's a model, so it's not necessarily constrained by the 1:1 engineering, unless the builder is going for a true replica. If not it's possible to make the model look better than the 1:1. Which, IMHO again :lol: , isn't too difficult.

I took a few minutes using my "clone" tool in my photo retouching software, to show what I'm talking about:

Original:

000_6261.jpg

Retouched:

789-vi.jpg

That to me looks better than the real car. But these are only my styling opinions, so if they're not seen the same way by the builder, that's fine with me :lol:

Edited by Zoom Zoom