Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Chevelle SS396

Daniel Lynch

Hi all, there is my latest built, an 1970 Chevelle SS396, i use 3 kits to built this Chevelle, an AMT 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo, for the engine, center console and some other components, an AMT 1969 Olds 442, for the chassis, drivetrain and suspensions, and, of course, an AMT 1970 Chevelle SS454, or for this one, an SS396, i say 396 just toi be different.

The paint is from MCW "Misty Turquoise" with clear coat, decals are from Keith Mark, addind wiring hose and some plumbing!

Oups!!! The Cragar, an AMT 1966 Nova will give it!

The vinyle was made by myself, with Evergreen and spraying technik. Don't mist my "built-up" album and video!

http://public.fotki.com/mrchevyblack/model_car/general_motors_mode/chevrolet_division/1970-chevelle-ss454/

007-vi.jpg

015-vi.jpg

019-vi.jpg

In Quebec, the licenses plate started with "X" and digit number was a dealer plates, my Chevelle was the "Boss" demo car!

022-vi.jpg

26-vi.jpg

Very good looking Chevelle, clean build all the way. Foiling looks nice, paintjob is very nice and I like that vinyl top very much, it looks very good. AMT's '70 Chevelle, I have never seen it, or I got bad memory. :unsure: Engine looks very good too, nice detailing on it and chassis is looking good also. :)

• 2 months later...

I just found this thread while i was searching for Chevelle models. Very cool!!!! This has inspired me to build a 70 again. I wish someone would make a really good 70 Chevelle kit, as the monogram and amt kits arent that great. Where did you get the color for it. Also where did you get 396 emblems? Its neat to build a less popular car somtimes. My dad has an Astro Blue 70 396.

Edited by W117monte

The AMT has a better front end. I like the monogram wheels better, the grill has better detail i think too. The crease on the monogram trunk is incorrect and should be sanded off. i wish someone would tool a new 70 kit and make it accurate! When i was a kid i had the red monogram chevelle. they stopped making that one. At least it had black stripes in it.