Model Cars Magazine Forum

what did you do while the board was down?

I didn't meen to offend anyone is all.That includes muscle heads and you bird guys also. <_<

Anyways I got one of my MANY Monacos painted ,And the engine painted. Also won the Brochure for the 1978 Monacos off of E-Bay, And picked up another Force 440 car, That makes 6 of them B) And a set of stock wheels for it from Missing Link .

Day one; Gassed up the Jeep, got Slurpees, surfed other sites, went to gym.........

Day Two; Worked, flew new little Heli, had family friends over..........

Day three; Worked some more, flew new little heli some more after work, surfed other sites some more, went to gym right before forum came back on line :lol::lol:

Edited by Joe Handley

I ordered some aftermarket parts; went to the LHS and bought some curved riffler files; did some work on my '62 Buick 225, '54 Ford pickup, '68 Dodge Dart, and started a '32 Ford 5 window coupe; waited (still am) for my brandy new MCM T-shirt. And I visited the SA site a few times - don't like it nearly as much as here.

I try to keep busy, Greg. I've dragging around a shelving unit that I scrounged from JC Penny when we did a remodel at a store 20 years ago. It's gone and replaced with steel racks in the garage. The old unit was screwed to the wall and the holes had to be patched so I ended up painting the whole wall. After the Christmas decorations came down I re-installed some Malibu floodlights on the front of the house. And then a friend gave me another set so I installed an additional 10 tier lights. Washed my truck, went to the VA, visited the dentist (no cavities), and did some yardwork. Gotta stay busy while retired.

Working on my New Year's resolution- start knocking out stalled projects. I now have a flamed '71 T- Bird waiting for clearcoat, a two toned '60 Galaxie waiting for a clearcoat, did a thrash on a '57 Chrysler chassis (the reason it sat unfinished for almost five years)and a Polar Lights Coronet ragtop that'll finally be finished this week. I don't know why the PL Coronet has had so many brickbats thrown at it. Comparing it to pictures in Collectible Automobile and research I've done online, this car is a lot more accurate than I expected (and it sure is purty in a dark metallic brown).