Model Cars Magazine Forum

Good luck to our northern neighbors

I wasn't so lucky to "just" get the 22 inches of snow, the wind whipped up to create a massive 40+ inches in my driveway and 5 feet on my back sidewalk!

I dragged the wife out in her jammies to get that last pic :D

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

Edited by shucky

Shucky, why doesn't she have a shovel in her hand? :o

Looks like if you rev up the engine in the car and put it into reverse, you could get half way down the driveway before you would get stuck! :D

I am supposed to head to Milwaukee tomorrow, not sure if the flight is still on but I will find out in the morning. It was 64 degrees here today in the Charlotte area, although we are supposed to see the temps drop and some rain move in later this week.

Oh, boo hoo!

Geez, you might have to break out the long-sleeved shirts! :)

I used to laugh too...after 15 years this far south, 45 is what you guys feel at -10. Sounds funny, but I do not have my down vest, wool hat, goretex gloves or electric sox :huh: :huh: !!

We both deal with snowbirds, who wander about in shorts and flip flops while we wear flannel shirts and long pants...its just getting used to it...Nope no more below zero for this old

softie!!, It was 74 degrees out tonight at 9:00pm...60s overnight looks like rain on Saturday ;):P:D;)

And today's big disaster. One building literally collapsed from all the snow.

Easton is about 45 minutes south and slightly west of Boston. http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/12003438157954/workers-run-as-easton-building-collapses/

Charlie Larkin

YIKES! At least they got out before it came down, looks like Godzilla fell on the place :)

Yep, I left in 93.....now 45 is frigid.....:(:lol:

Move here in 90. Grew up in Michigan. I wear a light jacket in the low 50's, especially if the sun's not shinning. I had nightmares for years about having to move back up north. You guys in Chicago-the Readers Digest wrote, I believe it was in the 50's, that Chicago has three seasons. July, August and winter. I hate snow.