Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell visit to our Model Car Club Meeting

Revell attended our Club Meeting last night and brought along some test shots to show. Here is what was mentioned:

• The 2010 Camaro test shot has arrived but is not yet been fitted. We might see that at next month’s meeting
  • The 48 Ford Custom Coupe test shot was displayed. They are still working out some quality control issues, so expect this in July or August. They didn’t say, but it would seem that another test shot round may be in the wings (my speculation)
  • The new Mustang coupe and convertible test shots were displayed. The convertible has an opening hood. Although the convertible is a snap kit, with the opening hood, it would seem that a reasonably experienced modeler could put another mustang chassis and engine in it (again my speculation)
  • The Ferrari 458 Italia test shot for the US packaging was also displayed. Revell USA is able to piggyback on the RoG license for Ferrari. Not so for Mercedes. A separate licensing for North America is needed. At this point, the hassle and costs for getting that license means the RoG version of the Mercedes SLS (which is still available) is the only way to go in the US.
  • Expect last half of the year release info at the end of April or early May. No comments on what will be on it other than that there will be some interesting announcements
  • No discussion on release dates for the 1/12 Mustang
  • For those considering attending this year’s IHOBBY show, it is very likely that the 2010 Mustang Convertible snap kit will be the Make and Take model.

Pictures below.

Thanks,

Gerry

100_4421.jpg

100_4422.jpg

100_4423.jpg

100_4424.jpg

100_4425.jpg

100_4426.jpg

100_4427.jpg

100_4428.jpg

100_4429.jpg

100_4430.jpg

Gerry what is the name of the model car club? I'm local! When are the meetings and is it open to anyone? More info please ... thanks!

Lake Michigan Model Car Club meets 3rd Saturday of the month in Bensenville. Just had a new member from Crown Point Indiana yesterday. There are two othe clubs in the area that I belong to. GTR modelers and CARS in Miniature that meet, resapectively, 1st and 2nd Saturday of the Month in Crystal Lake.

All are open to new membership. PM me for any details.

Thanks,

Gerry

I'm looking forward to the mustang kits,just don't understand why everyone on some of the other forums seems bummed it won't be the 2011 with the 5.0 liter it's not like after you build it you can drive it!.

Well, partly because the 5.0 engine looks 10,000,000 times better underhood, perhaps? Or that the 2011+ wheels might look better?

Let's face it...the 2010 Mustang is kind of a dog, an in-betweener with a new body but old engines. The 2011's across the board are big improvements. Model enthusiasts like those facts too, y'know? A model is a dream in a box...why can't the dream be of a brand-new car, not a used one?

I'm sure the model will be updated at some point. I'll buy one of each, but definitely would rather have the latest and greatest since 2012 Mustang GT's can be bought at a dealership when the 2010 Mustang kit hits the shelves. 2010 Mustangs were a brief snapshot in time...for good reason.

In fact, makes me wonder why the convertible has to be a 2010. Without the motor, can't they slap some 5.0 decals in it, and include the newer wheel styles?

They do look excellent. Now, how 'bout some Boss 302 or Shelby love?

Edited by Zoom Zoom

Please tell me that the '48 Coupe is a 2 in 1.I really don't like the looks of the custom version.I have been wanting a kit of this for a loooong time and I hope this comes in 2 versions.

If the second version you desire is stock, you're going to be disappointed. If it's a second custom version, prepare to rejoice. :D

Steve G shared lots of pics of Revell's future kits from last October's iHobby show here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36420&st=0

Maybe this thread could be moved and/or combined with that one somehow? I fear these new pics are goin to get lost in a few weeks... :)

If the second version you desire is stock, you're going to be disappointed. If it's a second custom version, prepare to rejoice. :D

Steve G shared lots of pics of Revell's future kits from last October's iHobby show here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36420&st=0

Maybe this thread could be moved and/or combined with that one somehow? I fear these new pics are goin to get lost in a few weeks... :)

I also took a bunch of photos from IHOBBY, including Revell.

Gerry

100_3862.jpg

100_3860.jpg

100_3817.jpg

100_3816.jpg