Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Impala 409

Brutalform

I started this build a few months ago, and it started out as a grey colored Impala. Until I spilled some acetone, and ruined the paint, and a part of the body, I changed it to Tamiya # TS-8 Italian Red, and Testors One Coat Lacquer Clear.

Its pretty much a out of box build, with the exception of the resin chassis molded by Porky. The 409 resin headers are from MCW. I saw the tires and rims on Ebay a while back, and got them for a nice price. I don't know what they are for though.

I was pleased with the way it came out, and besides the acetone, I enjoyed the build.

Thanks for looking!!!

Picture022-3.jpg

Picture021-2.jpg

Picture020-3.jpg

Picture019-3.jpg

Edited by Brutalform

The ironic thing about good model photography is that it can expose a mediocre paint job. You, however, have nothing to worry about here since your photographic skills show that you have done the prep work required to obtain such a killer finish. Nice foil work, too!

Don't they look good in red?! Love the tires ('specially out back). Is that the Lindberg kit?

Yes it is a Lindburg. The tires are Pro Sportsmans, and the wheels are from a Pro Stock kit, according to plowboy. I just saw them on Ebay, and got them pretty cheap. The chassis is a resin piece molded by Porky.

I have been going back to this thread for days looking at your model and I must say that it is one of the best 61 Impala builds I have ever seen. Just shows what can really be done with this kit. Perfect color and the wheel choice is unique and fits it very well.

gus