Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Mustang Convertible

Jeff Johnston

• 4 weeks later...

This is great project you have going, Jeff! If I may make a suggestion...remove the bumper guards and fill the holes in the front valance panel. Where the holes are in the rear valance panel, drill out the hole to fit an exhaust tip. Apply a strip of foil around the opening for the chrome bezel.

65Mustang13.jpg

65Mustang48.jpg

Keep up the good work, Jeff!

Great work so far. I would like to build '64 ½ Mustang, I think, '70 Mustangs, for example are seen very often, and '64½ is my favorite year model. But anyway. your project looks very good, that trunk lind looks good, and great to see you've opened the doors too. This is really interesting conversion, I'm watching this one. Keep us posted.

• 3 weeks later...

some more progress. Dash...still need to touch up the steering wheel (black out the holed, etc) and the radio. I made the pedals from bent bobbie pins and photo etch pedal parts.

I did the exhaust holes in the rear valance as Mike suggested.

DSCF1750.jpg

DSCF1748.jpg

Edited by Jeff Johnston

Thanks Bill... We'll see how they open and close once I get it all together. :)

I also see I failed to say in any of my posts (except the last one) that this will be a GT. I have the grille from the 66 GT 350 and the GT grill bar from the 67 AMT kit, which is 25th scale, but the piece fits perfectly on this 24th scale car.