Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Monogram Parts Restored ?

Now Dave.....

I pay particular attention when you, Tom Carter and a fellow named Mark make a comment on the message boards....

You guys are considered by me as the voice of authority when talking about my Hobby....

Please continue being that voice, at least for me anyhow.....

Later, Bill...

• 2 weeks later...

With all the 1960s parts? If so, I may have to look one out.

The 1/24 Moonogram '36 Ford was discontinued a few years ago (well, maybe in 2013), and the last version was from 2009:

r.jpg

The originals aren't that crazy in price on eBay, unless you want a perfect example-- mint box, all parts still attached to the sprues, etc. You could pick up a more recent issue and find the "missing"/eliminated parts on eBay to build the version you want.

I do see why 99% of the other folks that work in the hobby have left all forums.......looks like my time is near too.

Something I learned awhile ago, Dave....no matter what you know about what is going on behind the scenes, lots of guys "out there" know more than you.

>I do see why 99% of the other folks that work in the hobby have left all forums.......looks like my time is near too.

aw did I hurt your feelings by being unkind in my comments? or questioning your all knowing all seeing being?

grow up, and if its really your time, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

and you heard it second hand from Dave Model King...and that's not rumor? then I don't know what is. its pretty much the definition of a rumor in my book.

all I am doing is keeping it real. and I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that the blue bandito/beetle reappears again, soon, like in the next year or two.

jb

Per Ed Sexton via my employer Dave Burkett at Model King. I really hope that's good enough. Working in the industry for almost 30+ years now I DO NOT DEAL IN RUMOR. Thanks!!

I do see why 99% of the other folks that work in the hobby have left all forums.......looks like my time is near too.

Dave please don't leave the forum. Don't let the few ruin for you. To lose a fellow member diminishes the board for all of us.Although there are a few here that would be no loss.

ps to my above post: around where I live, seems like its pretty hard to find a donut for less than a dollar, so that wager is kind of a hidden trick.

and let me be clear: I am not advocating anyone leave here (unlike some others here might), I am just agreeing that if its time, its time. not my decision except where it applies to me.

edit to add something germane to the original point, the blue bandito seems to be currently in production and available according to the Revell/Monogram website:

http://www.revell.com/model-kits/cars/85-4020.html#.VQ3u-IwtHIU

so any talk of it not being reissued is completely premature and if you ask me, its likely they have or will have ongoing production of it to keep it in their catalogue. if it is listed as no longer available somewhere, I would like to see where.

see, THAT would be proof, not rumor. but it did not seem to be forthcoming and that's what I am talking about.

jb

Edited by jbwelda

>I do see why 99% of the other folks that work in the hobby have left all forums.......looks like my time is near too.

aw did I hurt your feelings by being unkind in my comments? or questioning your all knowing all seeing being?

grow up, and if its really your time, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

and you heard it second hand from Dave Model King...and that's not rumor? then I don't know what is. its pretty much the definition of a rumor in my book.

all I am doing is keeping it real. and I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that the blue bandito/beetle reappears again, soon, like in the next year or two.

jb

You aren't "keeping it real". You are just a loose cannon on the board. How dare you belittle Dave Van, a known hobby insider, when he reveals FACT to the board?

Truth is that I've known Dave Burket for some 30 years. Dave doesn't lie or spread rumors in the hobby. He told me, face to face, the same thing Dave Van relayed. For some reason, Revell sold their remaining supply of Blue Bandido's to a dealer who I won't name here, because it's not my place to do so. I was told that we won't see that one, I'm assuming the Blue Bandido or Blue Beetle again. I wouldn't rule out seeing another version of that '29 Ford kit again.

And Dave Van is right. The faction on this board that doubts and belittles everything, will indeed drive anyone in the know right off the board. Certainly the faction here was disrespectful to Dave Metzner, I doubt we'll see any more factory representatives again. This is what causes this board to lose credibility.

Edited by Tom Geiger

ooooh a "loose cannon" am I? how dare I belittle or question some known "insider" on what is "FACT". that's the funniest damm thing I have read here, ever.

now explain how, if Revell "sold their remaining supply of Blue Bandido's to a dealer", how you can order the kit direct from Revell as evidenced by the very web page (their official web page) that this "loose cannon" pointed out. that just doesn't seem to jive with the story being put forth here.

none of what has been relayed here seems to be "FACT" when viewed in the objective light of day. I can guess all kinds of scenerios about what someone "heard" and how it could get twisted around but really, who cares. the plain facts dispute the rumors, that's all I need to know. and just remember this when the kit is still available from the source a year from now. at that point I will accept some apologies that I am sure will not be forthcoming.

I am sorry for questioning the veracity of these insiders publicly, which you seem to take as some sort of crime against model-dom, but when my BS meter starts pegging I tend to say something about it, and this seems to be just one such case.

and "insiders" spreading rumors they cannot back up by anything other than hearsay do not give this board credibility, people buying, building and reporting on actual fact do.

>I was told that we won't see that one, I'm assuming the Blue Bandido or Blue Beetle again.

I assume a lot of things too...its just that I don't repeat them as gospel until there is something more than an ass of you and me to be made of it.

jb

hello somebody, instead of the typical character assassination so often resorted to when one cannot come up with any other defense, please address the FACT that I posted above. the FACT is the thing is available direct from Revell/Monogram right now with no sign whatsoever of it being discontinued now or in the near future nor any sign that they sold off all their stock to some secret dealer.

when confronted with fact, not rumor or fiction, I will gladly back off and apologize to all I have offended...until then, my argument stands. I could go into all sorts of possibilities of how an offhand remark could have been taken as an insiders word when it was not meant to, or how executives told someone something that later turned out to not be true but then I would be dealing in fabrication which is not my intent.

lets see whose job it is to batten down loose cannons this week.

jb

First I would like you explain how you interperted what I said as character assassination.

Attached is a link to the definition of character assassination for future reference.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_assassination#/search

Second as an old adage goes its not what you said it was how you said it. You could have toned down the attitude and still made your point. Just becuase you think you are right it doesn't give the right to be rude about.

Edited by bobthehobbyguy

I was not strictly interpreting what you said, bobthehobbyguy, in any manner but now that you mention it, lets look at your post prior to mine above, and I am condensing here so hopefully it will not be out of context:

>your heavy handed abrasive manner...drive others away...little more diplomatic way.

three phrases directed at me, personally, and not the issue at hand which I brought up.

at any rate the personalities are not at issue here; I took issue at a statement, made with authority and certainty, and as an absolute statement without ifs ands or buts, that the Blue Bandito was gone never to return. I take issue with that not because I dislike someone, or necessarily because i think they are placing themselves as gurus above the rest of us, but primarily because the statement does not seem to be true, at all, not from the facts I can find at hand anyway. if someone had or has contrary facts, then the thing to do is to post them, not to get all self righteous and hurt that I am challenging the statement, and threaten to leave here in retaliation for this imagined slight. so far what I have seen is a lot of the latter and none of the former.

jb

kool breeze bob, but I ain't goin anywhere anytime soon.

well that's not strictly true, I am going to Utah for a few weeks in a couple of weeks.

I also don't think I will belabor this any further. the point is obvious to those with eyes to see and ears to hear. its really not my intention to be rubbing peoples noses in it.

jb

the FACT is the thing is available direct from Revell/Monogram right now with no sign whatsoever of it being discontinued now or in the near future nor any sign that they sold off all their stock to some secret dealer.

IF you had read the R/M website, they don't retail kits. Look again, kits sold on the R/M site are sold by a company called "hobbyshipper". The header on the page plainly says, "Ships from and sold by hobbyshipper.com". So you haven't proven anything.

As in why do I even bother....

Tom

Unfortunately in this case you are wasting your time. No doubt he will have comeback to your question. The sad thing is when a few individuals actions can drive members away.

Hobbyshipper is tower hobbies. Attached is a link showing who owns hobbyshipper

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/hobbyshipper.com

Edited by bobthehobbyguy

http://www.hobbyshipper.com/cgi-bin/wsr600p?V=RMX&I=MONS4020

Apparently the Blue Bandito is still available from Revellogram. I have to agree with jb here, this seems to be the most fact based statement posted to this thread lately. (Which I re-read through including the painful arguing.)

Has the "Tiff" which has erupted here been handled in a civil manor, well no probably not. I highly disagree with the character assassination or nearing character assassination which seems to be going on here. If you can't make a constructive point, then don't including don't attack the other person. It's ok to debate ideas but when you have to argue about people that's just sorta ridiculous isn't it?

Hops off soapbox and gets back to working on current model...

Excuse me did I say that you were guilty of character assignation there is a bit if it going back and forth so yes now I have said it!

What I am saying is that it looks totally stupid slinging mud at each other like a couple if five year olds. If you want to debate whether the Blue Bandito or any other Monogram tooling is going to be restored have at it, just leave the petty name calling and posturing out of it! This is a modeling forum after all not "Meet the DePressed!" I've wandered off of more than one forum over the childish sandbox arguments that always seem to go on and on. How is this attracting new blood to this forum when newbies see that people can't even get along within a hobby that they all enjoy? Really, if you want to duke it out you should take this "discussion" to a sidebar and argue through your mailboxes PM each other! There was a whole lot of good information here until the flaming started. So chill out everyone, take a walk around the block and cool off.