Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hudson Hornet 4-Dr-Stationwagon

Dominik

Beautiful Hudson LongRoof. I really like seeing this kind of builds here too, and it's great thing that Jimmy Flintstone has made that kind of body. Your build turned out great and I like the colors on it. Excellent detailing all over.

Sorry for late responde, i am back from our contest.

Thank you very much for all kind of comments!!!

I try, to answer the questions...

Bill: the time for the complete build was from December 11 till May 2012.

The built from the undercarriage incl. wiring engine was one week, the work on the body including paintjob and BMF was about six weeks.

Most of the time, i had no idea, how to build the sidepanels to the 4-door-interieur.

Also most of the time i spended to make the BMF-job. I was not relaxed enough to make it as good as i wanted. Started two times, removed the foil two times.

"Good work needs time" ;) - thats the time, when i took my hands on other kits and this one lay on the workbench till i had the right idea.

Greg: the colors are a "grab into a shelf" in a parts store. i dont know if it helps, when i write down the numbers from the paintmanufacturer named "Multona". I dont know, how the colors are named and on wich real car they are painted

A.Darbo: to make a woody? Cool idea! Love it. Perhaps.... :)

Gabriel, Brian: i thought abou the 1959 Shasta Airflite. But i think, i will try an airstream - it would look better to the back of the wagon.

James: here are two links to the contest with some pictures. enjoy (perhaps, take a translator) ;)

Pictures from Dominik and Kai.

Once again: Thank you for kind comments! Dont be shy for questions - i'll to my best :D

• 3 weeks later...